BASF Corporation will exhibit many of its automotive technologies at the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) 2013 Automotive Composites Conference & Exhibition (ACCE) taking place at the Suburban Collection Showplace (Diamond Center) in Novi, MI on Sept. 11-13, 2013.
The theme of this year’s show is “Composites: Lightweighting the Cars of Tomorrow.” The show is in its 13th year and is considered to be the world’s leading automotive composites forum, attracting exhibitors, speakers and participants from around the globe.
The BASF booth will feature products specifically related to the show’s lightweighting theme including Ultracom (for continuous-fiber reinforced composite parts), Ultramid Endure (for turbo ducts), Elastoflex thermoset innovations (for honeycomb or sandwich structures), and Acrodur (for door panels, headliners, etc.). BASF will also present the following technical papers during the conference:
· Henning Karbstein, New Business Development, Senior Specialist for Composites/Automotive at BASF, will present “Lightweight Bio-Composites with Acrodur® Resin Technology” on Thursday, Sept. 12 from 3:30 - 4:00 PM in the Bronze/Silver Room; and
· Calvin Nichols, Market Segment Manager for Automotive Interior & Seating at BASF, will provide an overview of “Advancing Structural Capability of Injection Molded Components with Continuous Fiber Reinforcement – Seat Pan Opel Astra OPC” on Friday, Sept. 13 from 9:00 - 9:30 AM in the Emerald/Amethyst Room.
On Tuesday, Sept. 10, the afternoon prior to the ACCE, approximately 50 pre-registered attendees of the conference will tour a new prototyping natural fiber-composite pre-pregging line and compression molding station at BASF's Wyandotte facility. The tour will feature BASF's unique, water-based Acrodur acrylic latex binder resin, which permits production of composite parts with extremely high fiber volume fractions using natural fibers, glass fibers, carbon fibers and other reinforcements. The newly installed impregnation line and compression molding station will be used by BASF and its customers to develop prototype parts using this technology, which is already being used in the furniture, building and construction, filter media and European automotive industries.
BASF Exhibits at 2013 Automotive Composites Conference & Exhibition
Published September 10, 2013
Related Breaking News
- Taminco Launches Safer Solvent for Polyurethane Dispersion Coating Systems
- PPG Acquires Specialty Wood Care and Paint Products Manufacturer Flood Australia
- Double Bond Chemical Low Viscosity UV Curable Oligomers Go Green
- Mettler Toledo TDL Receives Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News