Atlas Material Testing Technology, the global leader in weathering technology and services, presents state-of-the-art research and the latest industry knowledge on high irradiance weathering testing.
Today, only companies that can quickly introduce superior products to the market are able to survive a globally competitive environment. Accelerated and accurate weathering testing is a critical component in product development for any material expected to withstand the damaging effects of sunlight, heat, and moisture.
Weathering testing at higher irradiance levels than the normally applied "1-sun" can produce degradation results in a much shorter period of time. Currently, many basic laboratory weathering standards allow up to 3-sun testing.
The benefits of high irradiance testing are obvious:
• Shorter test times
• Larger sample turnover
• Lower testing costs
• Faster time to market
• Earlier failure detection
• Reduced risk of extrapolation
“Significant reduction of testing time is a key challenge in weathering. With instruments capable of high irradiance testing, like Atlas’ Ci5000 HE Weather-Ometer, Xenotest Alpha+, the brand new Xenotest 440, and our Solar Environmental Chambers, we offer unique ways of reducing test times to our customers,” said Andreas Riedl, Director of Atlas Global Consulting.
High Irradiance Weathering Testing
Published October 25, 2013
Related Breaking News
- Benjamin Moore & Co. Appoints Ron Schuller As Chief Marketing Officer
- Lonza Industrial Solutions Strengthens Relationship with KODA Distribution Group
- PPG Showcases Liquid, Powder, Pretreatment, E-Coat Products at FABTECH 2014
- BASF Divests Omega-3 Production Plant for Natural Fish Oils to Marine Ingredients
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News