With diverse applications that utilize the company’s plastics and polyurethanes, coatings and sealants raw materials, Bayer offers building professionals a hub of energy efficient material technologies for sustainable construction.
These materials and technologies will be highlighted at Bayer’s booth (#2407) during the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, taking place Nov. 20-22.
Visitors to Bayer’s booth can see firsthand how Bayer polycarbonate meets today’s security and protection needs with countless design possibilities. Bayer’s high-performance polymers can provide a transparent, aesthetically pleasing energy efficient and security solution.
Attendees interested in daylighting applications will find the Sunoptics CLEAR ARMOUR prismatic fixed skylight, which provides good aesthetics, energy-free natural light and 100 percent diffusion light transmission while remaining glare- and ultraviolet-free. This skylight utilizes durable polycarbonate from Bayer.
Several window applications will be on display:
• Winco Windows utilizes Makrolon 15 polycarbonate and Makrolon multi-UV polycarbonate sheet from Bayer for its line of windows, which passes vandal, psychiatric, and hurricane impact tests.
• A high-efficiency window from Graham Architectural Products incorporates frames (lineals) formed by pultruding Bayer’s polyurethane.
• The Deceuninck Innergy rigid, thermal reinforcements for vinyl windows uses pultruded Bayer polyurethane composites. According to Deceuninck, Innergy is a direct replacement for aluminum reinforcements in vinyl windows and has better impact and thermal performance characteristics.
• A concept version of the Deceuninck Genius window incorporating Hygard BR1000 glazing. Replacing glass in the outside sash of the Genius window with Hygard glazing adds forced entry and hurricane resistance to thermal performance in this ultra-high performance window system. According to Deceuninck, the Genius window has extreme performance capabilities and can be configured to have thermal performance ratings of R-14 and above.
Visitors at the booth will be able to hear about a broad range of light-emitting diode (LED) material solutions available from Bayer. These include:
• Specially developed LED grades of polycarbonate that feature high light transmission and diffusion
• Light-diffusing technology for hiding LED “hot spots” combined with high light transmission
Additionally, Bayer will highlight one of the most innovative applications under the sun: Day & Night Solar’s Sun Commander® Series 8000. This solar photovoltaic mobile electric generator can provide power before, during and after outage. The frames of its twelve photovoltaic trays are formed from polyurethane composites via pultrusion utilizing a Bayer polyurethane system that features renewable raw materials.
Benchmark Architectural Facades by Kingspan will also be on display. This complete building envelope-control plus custom façade system brings superior energy efficiency and beauty together, in part with an insulating core made with Bayer polyurethane.
Visitors to the booth will learn how using spray polyurethane foam from Bayer and polyiso board featuring Bayer’s polyurethane contribute to unparalleled energy efficiency. Additionally, when used as part of a continuous insulation system, it is possible to meet new energy codes for commercial and residential applications, while providing attractive life cycle and payback benefits.
Bayer experts will be available at the booth to talk about recent life cycle assessments showing the benefits of spray polyurethane foam and polyurethane sealants.
Bayer will spotlight several of its wide-ranging raw materials for coatings and sealants for the architectural and construction market. From clear concrete sealers to polyaspartic decorative coatings for concrete and anti-graffiti coatings, designers, specifiers and builders will have many options to explore.
One particular area of interest is the company’s high-durability (HD) wall coatings technology. This technology provides extended service life in areas that are frequently disinfected and scrubbed with harsh chemicals or experience a lot of high-touch wear. Tough, yet easy-to-clean HD wall paint incorporating this technology is ideal for durable wall coatings in heavy-traffic, high-touch areas in commercial, healthcare and institutional facilities.
Show attendees can also learn more about Bayer’s commitment to a sustainable built environment through the following initiatives:
• The Bayer EcoCommercial Building Network, which is dedicated to bringing together varied disciplines in the pursuit of high-performance buildings
• Involvement with the Energy Efficient Building Hub, an entity that aims to transform the energy efficiency market for existing small- and medium-sized commercial buildings.