HORN, a distributor of specialty ingredients, chemicals and raw materials, was awarded with an expansion of its distribution partnership with BASF in the Western U.S. Effective immediately, HORN now offers BASF’s Capromer polyols, a proprietary caprolactone polymer, caprolactone monomer, 1,6-hexanediol and 1,5-pentanediol. The addition of these materials completes HORN’s portfolio of polyurethane polyols and diols, which also includes BASF’s 1,4-butanediol, polytetramethylene ether glycol (PolyTHF PTMEG), tetrahydrofuran (THF), n-methylpyrrolidone (NMP), neopentylglycol (NPG) and n-ethylpyrrolidone (NEP).
“The expansion of our longstanding partnership with BASF not only complements our existing line of best-in-class specialty materials, it solidifies HORN’s product arsenal,” said Parry Foskett, vice president, HORN Advanced Materials and HORN Composites and Fabrication Materials. “From polyols to curatives, isocyanates and performance additives, HORN is the industry’s one-stop shop for polyurethane raw materials in the Western U.S.”
Some of the applications for HORN’s new product offerings include:
BASF Caprolactone Monomer and Capromer
· Applications: polyurethane (PU) cast elastomers, adhesives, foams, PU coatings, ultraviolet cure coatings, and PU sealants used in automotive, mining, wheels, rollers, packaging, sports, textile, laminated packaging, artificial leather, industrial and construction.
· General performance features: weather fastness and light stability, high flexibility, low viscosity, high purity, nontoxic, biodegradable, easy processing, consistent and adjustable reactivity, wide interval of service temperatures and overall excellent mechanical properties.
BASF 1,6-Hexanediol and 1,5-Pentanediol
· Applications: widely used for industrial polyester and polyurethane production.
· General performance features: can improve toughness and flexibility of polyesters, used as a chain extender in polyurethanes, and an intermediate to acrylics, adhesives and dyestuffs.
“HORN has been representing BASF in the Western U.S. for more than 25 years, and has a longstanding partnership with the BASF organization for more than 45 years,” said Eduardo Padilla, Director of Corporate Distribution for BASF Corporation. “With the addition of these BASF products to HORN’s existing line of BASF’s chemical intermediates of diols and polyalcohols, the two organizations are uniquely positioned to support customer demand and production.”
Horn Expands Product Line
Published April 14, 2014
Related Breaking News
- Axalta Honors Founding Commercial Transportation Business Council Members
- Hempel Sponsoring and Speaking at Danish Maritime Days in Hometown Copenhagen
- Emery Oleochemicals LLC Earns USDA Certified Biobased Product Certification and Label
- Axalta's Steven Markevich Promoted to Executive Vice President
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News