he PPG Industries Foundation has donated nearly $12,000, on behalf of PPG Industries’ architectural coatings facility in McCarran, Nevada, to three Reno-area organizations for education and human-services programs in the community.
The recent grants helped:
• Food Bank of Northern Nevada continue to distribute food and provide support to more than 130 different direct-service, nonprofit agencies aiding the needy, the ill, the elderly and children;
• United Way of Northern Nevada support various organizations and activities; and
• Challenger Learning Center of Northern Nevada invite seven Girl Scouts troops to participate in “SciGirls”/Challenger Center Simulated Space Missions to Mars that emphasize science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) learning for girls
“Each of these organizations offers important opportunities and support in our local community, and we hope this funding will help them continue and expand their valued efforts,” said Terry McGinnis, PPG plant manager at the McCarran facility. “PPG is pleased to support organizations that directly impact its communities and improve the lives of our youth and residents.”
Established in 1951, the PPG Industries Foundation demonstrates the values of PPG Industries by enhancing the quality of life in communities where the company has a presence. Interests of the foundation, in order of priority, are education, human services, culture and arts, and civic and community affairs. PPG also supports charitable causes by encouraging employees' volunteerism and board service with nonprofit organizations.
PPG Donates Nearly $12,000 for Reno-Area Programs
Published June 30, 2014
Related Breaking News
- Axalta Launches Next Generation C5 Electrical Steel Varnish from Energy Solutions Voltatex
- Biocompatible PVDF Coatings Available in Fifteen Colors Address Needs of Medical Device Market
- SE Tylose Appoints GMZ and EW Kaufmann to Represent Rheology Modifiers & Viscosity Control Additives
- Axalta Focuses Sustainable Coating Technology & Products at Global Symposium
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News