- Univar Inc., a leading global chemical distributor, announced today the opening of a new office in Vienna, Austria. Univar has been active in this market for 20 years, but this is the first time the company will have a local base, enabling it to work more closely with its Austrian customers and suppliers.
“We are well positioned in the Austrian market and have developed a good reputation over the years; we decided that now was the right moment to take the next step,” said Mirko Schnitzler, Univar’s regional vice president, central region. “We already have strong relationships here with a number of suppliers, but feel there is significant further potential for our business in this region.”
To begin with, Univar’s product offering will focus mainly on the coatings, construction, food, pharmaceutical, detergents and personal care industries, but will look at other opportunities to expand as the business grows.
Univar strengthens EMEA presence with first Austrian office
Published October 11, 2012
Related Distributor News
- Nanotech Coatings UK Limited Appointed Exclusive UK Distributor and European Hub
- DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Selects Archway Sales to Distribute its Susterra 1,3-PDO in the U.S.
- Anochrome to Provide Greenkote Anti-corrosion Coatings in UK
- DSM Partners with Empire Supply for Distribution of Floor Coatings in North America
Related Online Exclusives