COMPANY INFORMATION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Lubrizol Corporation is an innovative specialty chemical company that produces and supplies technologies that improve the quality and performance of our customers' products in the global transportation, industrial, and consumer markets. Lubrizol is a Fortune 500 company. We were named the 2009 Company of the Year by Chemical and Engineering News, and in 2009 and 2010 we were recognized by Newsweek as one of the greenest companies in America. We are a nine-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 Award, honoring great workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio. In 2010 and 2011, Forbes Magazine and Corporate Responsibility Magazine named us one of the top 100 and best corporate citizens, respectively. Trust Across America also named us a Top 10 Trustworthy Company for 2010. Lubrizol consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us! We currently have the following opportunity for a Polymer Chemist available in our Chemical Synthesis department:
• Invent, prepare, patent and develop new products.
• Develop structure-performance relationships.
• Perform independent research in a multidisciplinary environment on complex issues in support of the business.
• Utilize advanced knowledge, data, modeling and statistical tools to solve technical challenges related to the business.
• Work with business teams and/or customers to develop innovative new technology that expands our business.
• Document, interpret and communicate results to colleagues, sponsors and customers.
• Follow safe laboratory practices
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Ph.D. in polymer science or organic chemistry with a focus in materials/polymers.
- Experience focused primarily on aspects of polymer synthesis, functionalization and/or grafting.
- Experience in various controlled radical polymerization processes a plus.
- Strong laboratory skills as they relate to polymer and organic chemistry.
- Track record of innovative thinking and accomplishments.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.