Process Engineer( Job Number: 1201497)
COMPANY INFORMATION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is an innovative specialty chemical company that produces and supplies technologies that improve the quality and performance of our customers' products in the global transportation, industrial, and consumer markets. Lubrizol is a Fortune 500 company. In 2010 we were recognized by Newsweek as one of the greenest companies in America. We are a 10-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 Award, honoring great workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio. In 2010 and 2011, Forbes Magazine and Corporate Responsibility Magazine named us one of the top 100 and best corporate citizens, respectively. Trust Across America also named us a Top 10 Trustworthy Company for 2010. Lubrizol consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us! We currently have the following opportunity for a Process Engineer available at our Spartanburg location:
Position will provide process engineering support for the daily operations of the four manufacturing plants onsite. Overall efforts are directed towards continually improving the overall production process encompassing all aspects of HS&E, quality, costs and service. The position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
• Monitor and maximize process capabilities for existing products and processes (quality, cycle times, costs, etc.).
‒ Monitor product quality and process capability on a periodic basis.
‒ Recommend procedural changes, standardization, equipment modifications or recipe adjustments as needed to improve products and processes.
‒ Maintain operating procedures and provide training for process operators.
• Provide process troubleshooting and technical directions to manufacturing – may involve interaction outside normal business hours as plants runs 24/7.
• Provide technical guidance to maintain and improve HS&E in the plants.
• Identify and provide justification for capital expenditures in support of business objectives.
• Serve as the liaison between manufacturing and R&D during the development/scale-up of new products/processes. Coordinate manufacturing efforts during development. Monitor and maximize process capability during scale-up.
• Use and maintain systems associated with the Quality Management System, Process Safety Management, RCMS, etc.
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering with 10+ years of process engineering experience.
• Very strong process engineering skills, with an emphasis on troubleshooting and process improvement.
• Strong data management and organization skills; proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Ability to communicate clearly and listen attentively at all levels with internal and external parties. Must be team player, flexible and innovative.
• Background in statistical process control and statistical techniques.
• Aptitude and desire to transition into manufacturing management within 2 years.
• Limited travel for training/meetings and customer/supplier visits may be required.
Considered a Plus:
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience with the engineering and construction process, and project management.
blog comments powered by Disqus