This person must exhibit technical competences and communication, organization and social skills. Candidates will have a minimum 3-5 years experience in technical sales where product application know-how, product differentiation and market segmentation were successful in order to counter the effects of commoditization. Also, any prior experience and knowledge of the coatings, inks, plastics or pigment industries is a plus. Overnight travel will be required in the multi-state Midwest Region and this person can choose to reside in the states of Ohio or Indiana. This position will be responsible for establishing partnering relationships with both new and existing customers in order to consistently meet or exceed annual sales quota, and will report to the North American Division President.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
· Solidify business relationships with existing customers and develop new business opportunities within the multi-state territory
· Identify, target and develop new customers (territory management)
· Become an industry and product expert
· Identify client needs, propose solutions and manage implementation to assure a high level of customer satisfaction
· Facilitate all aspects of technical support to our customers
· Create high quality business proposals and sales presentations
· Articulate technical and product positioning to both business and technical users—be a technical resource
· Monitor the competition and develop plans to eliminate sales obstacles with creative and adaptive approaches
· Develop, execute and manage sales plans and budgets. Manages expenses and report in a timely fashion
· Adhere to all company policies regarding safety, travel, ethics, etc.
· Passport for international travel
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and a team player
· Detail and goal oriented with entrepreneurial spirit and drive to succeed
· Proven track record of negotiating and closing deals with clients
· Minimum 3 years of technical sales (B2B), preferably in pigment sales
· Bachelor’s degree (preferably technical, chemical and/or engineering) or equivalent combined experience and education
· Effective and professional communication skills and sincere customer focus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Company offers a competitive compensation package including annual salary, bonus plan, company car and generous benefits (i.e., medical, matching 401K, paid vacation and holidays, etc.)
The company is known worldwide for its high quality standards in products and services.
Experienced Technical Sales Accounts Manager - Midwest Region
An international manufacturer of quality pigments for the ink, paint and plastics industries is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Account Manager with an entrepreneurial and sales spirit and proven track record in B2B sales.
Published May 10, 2012
blog comments powered by Disqus