Technical Service Representative
Released by Sun Chemical Corporation Performance Pigments
Published May 21, 2012
Department: Customer Technical Service (CTS)
Location: Northeast (East Central Pennsylvania Preferred)
Reporting Structure: Regional CTS Manager, Northeast
- Operations: Serves as the subject matter expert for flexographic and rotogravure inks (water and solvent based) serving primarily Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and Northeastern Maryland; secondary coverage in New England. Acts as a highly-skilled technical liaison between our customers and the various organizations within our company, including but not limited to, Sales, Product Management, Technology, and Manufacturing. Daily activities will include press-side troubleshooting, press room/ print process audit execution, new product/customer trial coordination, product recommendation, development and measurement of continuous improvement initiatives, the collection of marketplace intelligence, and product development. Travels as needed to deliver the highest level of customer technical service and may be required to work varying hours that are highly dependent upon the production needs of our customers. Leads by example.
- People:Highly effective communicator that engages personnel at all levels of the customer’s organization, from press room operations up to general management. Interacts daily throughout the company’s matrix organization, spanning peers in technical services to sales to technology to manufacturing. Persuasive and effective in winning the hearts and minds of others.
- Customer Satisfaction: Acting as the primary conduit for customer satisfaction and the technical face of the company, works side-by-side with the customer toward mutually agreed upon objectives, soliciting feedback on the performance of our products and service organization constantly. This feedback shall be captured in all relevant forms of reporting communication and disseminated throughout the company as a means of continuous improvement to ensure the highest levels of quality and satisfaction for the customer experience. Cultivates customer intimacy.
- Financial Management: Ensures travel, entertainment, and capital expenses meet all budgetary mandates as dictated by the company’s annual operating plan. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility
- Information Management: Collects data and maintains sophisticated reporting as required by the employer for key account technical management, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, accountability for travel and expenses, and worker productivity.
- Employee Health & Safety: Adheres to all applicable standards, procedures, and laws related to health, safety, and the environment.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or alternative technical discipline is desired
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the ink industry providing direct customer technical service for flexographic and rotogravure printing applications; or alternatively, minimum 10 years of experience in any combination of bench chemistry, applications testing, and technical service work involving flexographic and rotogravure printing ink applications
- Demonstrated strong customer relationship management skill set
- Experience with productivity improvement tools; Six sigma methodologies, Lean sigma manufacturing
- Application experience in structured problem solving processes; Kepner-Tregoe
- Established communication and reporting capabilities
- Strong computer and web application proficiencies: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web-based programs and enterprise systems (SAP)
- Excellent presentation capabilities, comfortable speaking in front of large and diverse audiences
- Experience with liquid ink/coatings (flexographic and rotogravure) technology, product application, and formula optimization
- 80% customer facing, up to 40% overnight travel
- Motivated, high-performing technical service professional that has a demonstrated history of honesty, excellence in work ethic, strong desire to succeed, innovative problem solving, and dedication to quality
- Ability to perform excellent work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Superior organizational discipline with the ability to multitask and prioritize work independently
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to take initiative
- Awareness to escalate issues in a timely manner
- Innate ability to learn quickly
- Independent performer, yet willing and able to work well on a team
blog comments powered by Disqus