Application Development Scientist – Industrial Automotive
Published June 20, 2012
Related Searches: Automotive Coatings •
- Develop starting point formulations in order to articulate the value proposition for new specialty additives in general industrial, factory applied systems, and /or automotive coatings.
- Apply coatings using typical industrial spray techniques, and evaluate performance with relevant test methods
Identify needs and provide solutions for customer applications through
- Customer visits and collaboration with cross functional teams to identify key needs
- Work with product development to assess potential additive solutions
- Design and execution of creative and relevant experiments
- Use of statistical or theoretical / numerical methods to analyze results
- Appropriate communication of results
- Develop an understanding of end-user requirements and testing procedures to clearly communicate how Eastman product offerings can enhance coating application and performance
- Develop relationships and coordinate work with customers and downstream coating applicators
- Communicate technical data through presentations at external customers and conferences, and through publications in trade journals
- Lead development projects and interface with marketing, product development, technical service, manufacturing and sales to enable effective and timely execution of new efforts
- Direct work of a laboratory technician as required
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Chemistry / Science, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years recent experience working for a coatings manufacturer with the formulation, application, and performance evaluation of general industrial and / or automotive coatings
- Application development experience, preferably in areas related to general industrial and automotive coatings, as well as the associated application equipment and performance tests
- Hands-on experience with relevant application techniques preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills for customer and internal interactions
- Experience formulating and evaluating performance benefits when testing new additives.
- Independent and driven individual with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously within a global cross-functional team
- Experience with project management and leading technical project teams preferred
- Ability to create networks of experts to leverage external knowledge and develop collaborative programs with key customers and end-users.
- Experience in identifying unmet needs through interactions with customers and end users
- Proficient in the planning and execution of designed experiments
- Broad knowledge of commonly utilized raw materials and competitive products
- Willingness to undertake challenges to formulate coatings in order to develop an understanding of additive function in a variety of applications
Qualified Candidates should apply online to Requisition 2042
blog comments powered by Disqus