Alberdingk Boley Inc. (ABI) is expanding their sales force and seeking Sales Representatives. The positions are responsible for managing and servicing existing accounts and identifying new business. The incumbent will provide technical support to customers regarding the application of material primarily through individual knowledge or by working with our technical staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Achieving or exceed specific sales dollar and gross profit goals
· Utilize BCM, MS Access database and ERP data system to manage accounts
· Ability to manage competitive situations effectively
· Deep knowledge and skill in overall sales process, preparing for customer calls, anticipating customer needs and working through customer issues
· Ability to identify potential growth opportunities within existing accounts and territory
· Develop realistic and accurate regional sales budgets as well as forecast of customers demand
· Must be able to confront customers about pricing, past due accounts and inventory levels
· Access information about market activity and identify prospective accounts in your territory using multiple sources. Make cold calls and prospect calls to continue future sales opportunities.
· Work collaboratively with Technical Services, Purchasing, Sourcing and Logistics to ensure Alberdingk is able to succeed in meeting customer needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Level B.S. degree in Chemistry required, M.S. degree in Chemistry a plus
- 5 plus years of paint and coatings sales experience including track record of past sales successes
- High level of self-motivation, self-direction and self-discipline
- Excellent written, verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel overnight 80% of the work week
ABI is a specialty innovative polymer manufacturing company that is a global supplier to the Paint and Coatings Industry. We are a fast-growing company in the US with excellent brand recognition. We manufacture environmentally friendly polymers that are used to make finishes/coatings for a variety of substrates like wood, concrete, metal, paper and natural leather/synthetic. ABI offers and competitive salary and benefit package including 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer.