Specific responsibilities include:
· Achieving or exceed specific sales dollar and gross profit goals
· Utilize BCM, MS Access database and ERP data system to manage accounts
· Ability to manage competitive situations effectively
· Deep knowledge and skill in overall sales process, preparing for customer calls, anticipating customer needs and working through customer issues
· Ability to identify potential growth opportunities within existing accounts and territory
· Develop realistic and accurate regional sales budgets as well as forecast of customers demand
· Must be able to confront customers about pricing, past due accounts and inventory levels
· Access information about market activity and identify prospective accounts in your territory using multiple sources. Make cold calls and prospect calls to continue future sales opportunities.
· Work collaboratively with Technical Services, Purchasing, Sourcing and Logistics to ensure Alberdingk is able to succeed in meeting customer needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Level B.S. degree in Chemistry required, M.S. degree in Chemistry a plus
- 5 plus years of paint and coatings sales experience including track record of past sales successes
- High level of self-motivation, self-direction and self-discipline
- Excellent written, verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel overnight 80% of the work week
ABI is a specialty innovative polymer manufacturing company that is a global supplier to the Paint and Coatings Industry. We are a fast-growing company in the US with excellent brand recognition. We manufacture environmentally friendly polymers that are used to make finishes/coatings for a variety of substrates like wood, concrete, metal, paper and natural leather/synthetic. ABI offers and competitive salary and benefit package including 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer.