This position is offered by a wholly-owned European coatings subsidiary located in its North American headquarters and is responsible for managing all activities associated with the production of solvent and hydro coatings technologies for the specialized industrial and automotive market segments. The position also requires an understanding of basic manufacturing concepts and process flow, with an emphasis on waste minimization and lean thinking concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership to the manufacturing team, to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded with regards to the manufacture of various coatings chemistries.
• Provide leadership to the warehousing team, to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
• Responsible for ensuring department employees are trained properly to company health and safety policy and procedures
• Foster and promote teamwork to create a highly efficient and motivated work-force.
• Performs additional and other duties when required to support the growth and interests of the organization.
• Promotes and uses the elements of ISO/TS16949 by being familiar with its philosophy and disciplines. This position also has the responsibility and authority to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity.
• Will take the lead in new production equipment specification and installation. Minimum Requirements: BS degree preferred in chemical engineering or manufacturing management with 10 years manufacturing management experience in a chemical coatings related field. Ideally, in an automotive supply chain and/or environment.
Phil Phillips, President & Managing Director
North American Coatings Manufacturing Manager
Published January 4, 2013
blog comments powered by Disqus