This position represents BYK USA Additives within the designated Ohio Valley territory in regards to the technical and commercial aspects of our Additives line. This position will be located in Cleveland or another area central to that territory.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all activities and resources for growth and increased market share at BYK USA accounts in his/her territory
- Effectively introduces new products to the marketplace.
- Maintains the “pulse” of markets, includes purchasing trends, technology shifts, competitive activity, etc.
- Keeps current with new technologies through training and technical-service-time projects.
- Submits call reports, calendars and expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Attend sales meetings, trade shows, seminars, and other meetings.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry (or related field)
- 5+ years of formulating and/or technical sales experience
- Experience in Automotive coatings formulation and knowledge of coatings industry
- Excellent computer knowledge (Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Active in local societies and other trade associations
- Must be able to drive a car and fly on a plane, coping with conditions of overnight, national and International travel.
In the ALTANA group, the four brands BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS and ACTEGA operate together. With 5,300 employees worldwide we commit ourselves to the realization of future-oriented ideas and the success of our clients’ products. Together we set world-wide standards in four different fields of specialty chemistry. BYK stands for innovative competence in the area of additives and measuring devices for the paint and plastics industry. We contribute to our customer’s success through developing excellent solutions. We are currently looking for a Technical Sales Representative for the paint division. This position will be located in Central USA. BYK USA Inc