lnplant Operations Manager- NE Region
Under general supervision, is responsible for overseeing approximately 12 customer inplant operation sites located in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. This position will have overall responsibility for operating expenses, employee development, implementing standard procedures, KPI reporting, and safety.
Published January 24, 2014
Related Searches: Color •
Job Title: lnplantOperations Manager- NE Region Department: CTS
Location: NE Region(Carlstadt, NJ) Supervisor: CTSRegional Mgr. - NE
Under general supervision, is responsible for overseeing approximately 12 customer inplant operation sites located in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. This position will have overall responsibility for operating expenses, employee development, implementing standard procedures, KPI reporting, and safety. The following outlines the key areas of responsibility.
Management of In-plant Operations:
· Schedules coverage of in-plant operations during vacation, holiday, etc. May require active participation in operational positions.
· Acts as point person in operational in-plant matters for the customer and Sun Chemical. Coordinates with Sales, Customer Technical Service and CSC leadership to ensure proper technical and product support at the accounts in region.
· Implements and controls standardization of in-plant procedures including Color Matching, Technical QC procedures, inventory control, work-off and recycle programs, customer billing, ink formula control, and directs new in-plant requirements.
· Visits all in-plant locations on a regular basis, with the intent of coaching, training, reducing costs and building value. Performs annual operational audits of in-plants in region.
· Takes leadership role in Continuous Process Improvement.
· Conducts audits, and coordinates with the sales team to estimate equipment and manning requirements for potential business
Management of People:
· Supervises in-plant managers, supervisors, and technicians including employee evaluations. Directs training and employee development programs.
· Interviews, hires, recommends and conducts Performance improvement plans, terminations, performance evaluations and recommends salary adjustments and promotions for in-plant personnel.
· Administers corporate and branch policies and procedures consistently and in accordance with the terms, conditions, expectations, of those policies and procedures.
· Sets up new in-plants, including hiring of personnel, training and procedures.
· Acts as liaison between branch and in-plant personnel.
· Acts as liaison with CTS organization to ensure technical support at accounts in region
· Prepares monthly reports to keep management informed.
· Coordinates the activities of the Branch and National Labs.
· Communicates with sales people and regional sales managers to define expectations and performance measures for in-plants in region
- 5-8 years printing ink experience preferred
- 3 years Inplant experience preferred
- Technical understanding of all printing types preferred
- Must be customer focused, and be able to communicate appropriately with customer employees and management
- Significant travel – approximately 70%
- Ability to prioritize work schedule and meet deadlines
- Communication skills (teleconference and WebEx)
- Strong PC experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP)
- College degree is preferred.
Human Resources Contact:
- David Benson, (201) 935-8666 Ext. 3372
Interested candidates should fax or e-mail their resume to:
David Benson, Director Human Resources
Telephone: Office: (201) 935-8666
blog comments powered by Disqus