Field Technical Service Representative - Automotive Coatings
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company: The Chemical Company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society.
Supports the service of BASF products at a specific account site or region by managing the use of products in customer’s applications, responding to customer requirements, and enforcing product quality/performance specifications. Provides value to the customer through product technical support, problem investigation, analysis, and resolution. Ensure that product performance meets or exceeds customer expectations and supports business objectives to be our customer’s supplier of choice.
Demonstrates the technical and professional expertise to enhance BASF’s reputation with the customer. Integrates within the business and technical community to bring additional value to ECO coatings and ECO customers. Manages key performance indicators within product service environments to drive product improvement and problem resolution (if needed) initiatives that are critical to customer performance expectations.
• Work closely within customer coatings operations to ensure that customer needs and product requirements are being met.
• Strictly comply to the Assembly Plant Service Process in the customer’s plant.
• Maintain a productive and profitable customer relationship.
• Assist in developing long-term communication, product and service strategies.
• Support in the application of products for their intended use.
• Support complaint investigation, analysis, and problem resolution.
• Communicate management of change (MOC) activities within the customer environment that impacts the successful use and marketability of BASF products.
• Contribute to the customer’s Product Design Reviews to achieve product introduction goals.
• Interface with other BASF groups for issues regarding customer technical service.
• Participate within the site service team safety program.
• Support customer and internal project schedule compliance.
• Identify and communicate customer needs to the internal organization.
• Support launch activities.
Business Services & Product and Quality Systems Performance
• Manage product quality
• Communicate product usage and customer production schedule.
• Initiate required Lab Work Requests to meet account needs.
• Conduct material returns, as necessary.
• Determine/Prioritize internal improvement efforts that effectively raise our customer’s FTQ performance and satisfaction.
• Comply with BASF Quality Systems and customer quality standards.
• Write and support NCMs.
• Identify and coordinate Problem Resolution Activities.
• Monitor E-Coat systems at customer site to ensure product and process requirements are met.
• Maintain daily SPC to ensure product consistency and performance.
• Check unit parameters to ensure product and process quality.
• Conduct testing and sampling as required.
• Schedule and monitor tank adjustments as required.
• Perform Complex Problem Solving / Trouble Shooting.
• Execute Continuous Improvement activities.
• Manage project teams within a specific discipline.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
REQUIREMENTS: - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical fields required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• 6+ years’ experience required.
• Knowledge of coatings application and performance requirements preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude, familiarity with quality systems concepts, and basic IT skills are required.
• E-Coat product and process knowledge and experience preferred.
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
• Resolved key product performance issues at customer’s facility.
• Participate on team giving technical input to product development and/or launch.
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Field Service Support or the equivalent level in a Product Development group with experience in interacting with customers.
blog comments powered by Disqus