The Chemical Enginer, Coating Development is responsible for the following overview:
• Powder Coat
• Zinc-Phosphate Pre-treatment
• Automotive Development Project Management
• Automotive Product and Supplier Development for Materials (Powder Coat, Steel)
• Enhance and support Plant Powder Coat Quality
• Lab Test Activities
• Product and Process Quality Control
• Communication with external customer, including sales presentations and technical presentations in English
• Pre-Treatment & Powder Coating Lead function at MUBEA North America (USA, Mexico).
• Enhance and maintain production quality of powder coat operations in N.A. plants (3) through coaching, on-site assessment, quality reviews and powder coat R&D.
• Develop strong relationship with customer material engineering community.
• Consult the customer in questions regarding corrosion protection and testing thereof.
• Consult MUBEA Engineers in questions revolving around corrosion type and protection.
• Manage product validation testing revolving around paint coat and corrosion protection.
• Perform benchmark analysis on suspension paint coats and components.
• Manage validation testing at material and component level.
• Manage supplier relationship / product development for powder coats and pre-treatment.
• Manage annual re-certification of N.A. production paint lines.
• Conduct fracture analysis on solid and tubular spring steel material.
• Generate comprehensive test reports for validation and post durability tests.
• Conduct VA/VE studies and support paint process cost reduction studies
• Some traveling (20%).
• Support plant for manufacturing feasibility studies.
• Support Lab Engineer
Desired Skills and Expertise
•BS Chemical Engineering, preferably with an emphasis on Pre-Treatment & Powder Coats.
•Strong Product and Process Quality Control background.
•5 to 10 years of experience in automotive industry or similarly paced environment.
•General hands-on experience with automotive or similar products.
•Advanced English language skills, spoken and written.
•Willingness to travel (20%) and interact face-to-face with internal and external customer.
•Customer oriented and entrepreneurial mindset.
•Located near or willing to relocate to Florence, KY