Chemical Engineer, Coating Development
At Mubea, we are looking today for answers to the questions of tomorrow. This has always been the case, which is why many international standards today are based on our technological developments. This is also the reason why we are well prepared for the most important objective of the automobile industry: the sustained reduction of fuel consumption and emission levels.
The Chemical Enginer, Coating Development is responsible for the following overview:
• Powder Coat
• Zinc-Phosphate Pre-treatment
• Automotive Development Project Management
• Automotive Product and Supplier Development for Materials (Powder Coat, Steel)
• Enhance and support Plant Powder Coat Quality
• Lab Test Activities
• Product and Process Quality Control
• Communication with external customer, including sales presentations and technical presentations in English
• Pre-Treatment & Powder Coating Lead function at MUBEA North America (USA, Mexico).
• Enhance and maintain production quality of powder coat operations in N.A. plants (3) through coaching, on-site assessment, quality reviews and powder coat R&D.
• Develop strong relationship with customer material engineering community.
• Consult the customer in questions regarding corrosion protection and testing thereof.
• Consult MUBEA Engineers in questions revolving around corrosion type and protection.
• Manage product validation testing revolving around paint coat and corrosion protection.
• Perform benchmark analysis on suspension paint coats and components.
• Manage validation testing at material and component level.
• Manage supplier relationship / product development for powder coats and pre-treatment.
• Manage annual re-certification of N.A. production paint lines.
• Conduct fracture analysis on solid and tubular spring steel material.
• Generate comprehensive test reports for validation and post durability tests.
• Conduct VA/VE studies and support paint process cost reduction studies
• Some traveling (20%).
• Support plant for manufacturing feasibility studies.
• Support Lab Engineer
Desired Skills and Expertise
•BS Chemical Engineering, preferably with an emphasis on Pre-Treatment & Powder Coats.
•Strong Product and Process Quality Control background.
•5 to 10 years of experience in automotive industry or similarly paced environment.
•General hands-on experience with automotive or similar products.
•Advanced English language skills, spoken and written.
•Willingness to travel (20%) and interact face-to-face with internal and external customer.
•Customer oriented and entrepreneurial mindset.
•Located near or willing to relocate to Florence, KY
blog comments powered by Disqus