ic Polyol Chemist
Momentive is a global leader in specialty chemicals and materials, with a broad range of advanced specialty products that help industrial and consumer companies support and improve everyday life. We engineer a multitude of high-performance resins, silicones and other advanced materials that meet the specific end-use and manufacturing requirements of our customers over a broad range of markets, from healthcare to wind energy.
To support the realization of the Versatics growth strategy in the Americas the Technical Service team in Stafford, TX is expanding significantly. To raise the competency level of the polymerization team there is a need for a technical service chemist researcher with an acrylic polyol/organic chemistry background. The work aims at increasing the competitiveness of Cardura™ in existing applications and in supporting our customers with their new applications. Main focus is on acrylic and polyester solution polymerization. Bi-lingual English-Spanish skills are preferred.
- Set-up acrylic polyol and polyester solution polymerization capabilities.
- Plan and execute detailed experimental programs.
- Independently performs a broad range of experimental activities applying high quality standards.
- Critically discusses and communicates project results both verbally and in a written report.
- Responds to technical support questions with detailed and well structured answers while balancing Momentive’s and customers’ interests.
Staff will report to Technical Service Manager Americas. Day-to-day decisions concerning the project will be taken largely independently. Project plan will be agreed with Tech. Service Manager.
Staff is expected to contribute to the planning and drive largely independently the execution of Technical Service projects. Key other partners are Technology (P&AD and EP&T), Marketing, Manufacturing and Sales. There will be significant external interactions with customers in North and South America.
New staff will participate in a Technical Service team. He/she executes projects in close co-operation with colleagues. Next to interactions with Sales and Market Development staff there will be significant customer contacts and related travel involved.
Desired Skills and Expertise
• A Master degree in Polymer or Organic chemistry with an expertise in acrylic (polyol) solution polymers and coatings derived of these polymers. Knowledge and experience in polyester chemistry is a plus.
• The ideal candidate has several years industrial work experience, preferably in the design and preparation of acrylic polyol solution polymers and their formulation/evaluation
• Solid standard software skills (MS Office)
• Fluency in English is required. Good Spanish language skills are preferred.
• Experience in customer interactions and good interpersonal skills is an advantage
• Understands and applies project management methodology in work.
• Understands EH&S standards and applies them in the work.
• Prepared to travel on a regular basis (international travel)
blog comments powered by Disqus