Technical Director/Sr. Chemist
Plaid Enterprises, Inc., is one of the world's largest, most diverse manufacturers of creative do-it-yourself products. Our product innovation and dedication to the ever-changing needs of consumers have made the Plaid family of products among the most recognized and desired brands worldwide.
The Technical Director is responsible for the creation and development of new and innovative paint formulations, under the direction of the VP of Technology. The Technical Director will also be responsible for the optimization of existing paint formulations while focusing on the minimization of product cost, while maximizing efficiency and integration of new raw material technologies. Additional responsibilities will include day to day leadership on projects, acting as liaison with internal and external customers on daily technical questions and concerns, while working independently on several products. Successful candidate should be able to replace VP of Technology within 18-24 months.
Primary areas of responsibilities include:
• Serves as an expert in analyzing, testing, and developing new or updated paint formula.
• Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of business group operations and application methods to assist with implementing project objectives, product systems, budgets, timelines, and other requirements.
• Strong project management skills are needed to prioritize multiple projects that you will be working on in the Lab.
• Works closely with Marketing and other departments in the development and adjustment of new and existing products.
• Supervise lower level chemists or technicians working on related projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry REQUIRED. Advanced Degree a plus.
• Minimum 5 years in formulating the following: Acrylic Latex emulsion paint, Styrenated acrylic latex emulsion, PVA (Vinyl acetate, butyl acrylate) latex emulsion paint, Acrylic urethane latex emulsion paints, PUD paints, Auto-oxidizing water reducible paints, adhesives-aqueous and solvent.
• Must have general chemical knowledge in: Defoamers, Surfactants, Dispersants, Biocides, Mildewcides, Glycols, Organic pigments, inorganic pigments.
• Chemical knowledge of the following chemical binder technologies is a plus: 2K epoxy, Linseed oil, safflower oil, Hydrocarbon resins, Aerosol paints (propellant, resins, etc.).
*Please note, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
blog comments powered by Disqus