Ranger Industries is a small batch manufacturer of inks and paints for the Craft, Hobby, and Fine Art markets.
Chemist - Formulations
- Formulate ink and paints for the Craft, Hobby, and Fine Art markets
- Work with production staff to improve efficiency and adjust batch size when necessary
- Be responsible for quality control of existing formulations
- Be responsible for lab safety and organization
- Maintain relationship with vendors of colorants and other raw materials.
- Develop testing protocols for inspection of incoming raw materials
- Manage health and toxicity issues as they relate to proper handling and labeling of art materials.
- Supervise 2-3 lab assistants
- Travel to seminars, conventions, and training sessions 1-2 times per year
- BS degree in chemistry
- 3-5 years of formulating inks, paints and coatings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- X-Rite or similar color-matching software
- Strong communication skills both written and oral