The Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA) is the national trade association representing the manufacturers of asphaltic and solar reflective roof coatings and the suppliers to the roof coatings industry. RCMA has more than 50 members who manufacture in or ship products to almost every state in the country, and is headquartered in Washington, DC.
Established in 1982, RCMA is a leading industry voice, promoting the benefits of roof coatings and providing its membership with up-to-date information on building codes and standards, technical developments, and other industry topics of interest.
“The high level of participation and dedication from our membership is a testament to RCMA’s commitment to representing the industry, and to promoting the wide range of benefits roof coatings offer,” said John Ferraro, RCMA executive director.
The Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association is a strategic partnership of roof coating manufacturers and affiliates that provides a unified voice to advance, promote, and expand the international market for roof coatings through education, technical advancement, and advocacy of industry issues.
There are a number of benefits of joining the RCMA. Some of the benefits include:
• Legislative and Regulatory Issues Management
• Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) limit regulatory monitoring and advocacy
• Advocacy Efforts for Senate Bill 3183 – the homeowner energy efficiency tax credit – for the inclusion of roof coatings
• EPA Energy Star monitoring and influence
• Readily available access to current information on issues; research and technological advancements in the roof coatings industry, including:
• RCMA/CRRC Substrate Study
• RCMA Alternate Test Methods Study
• Promotion of the uses of energy efficient and maintenance coating through work with the International Codes Council
• RCMA Shipment Report – A quarterly product data report available only to participating RCMA member companies
• Affinity Partnership Program with YRC Freight
• Networking Opportunities to learn and share information with peers
The RCMA will be hosting two key events this year:
• July 14-17, 2014 - International Roof Coatings Conference in Baltimore, MD
The International Roof Coatings Conference will take place at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland on July 14-17, 2014, and will highlight the latest technological advancements and emerging issues of relevance to the roof coating, building envelope, green building, cool roofing, research, and architectural communities.
• October 14-16, 2014 - RCMA 2014 Fall Meeting in Tampa, FL.
For more information, visit go to www.roofcoatings.org.