- Summit’s fully-restored 1973 International Loadstar – equipped with a premium Summit 7 Series Service Body – will be showcased in the LINE-X booth.Under the custom fiberglass clamshell hoods is the truck’s all new power plant: A supercharged 6.2 liter Dodge Hemi Hellcat engine with the matching Dodge Hellcat gauge cluster and infotainment system. Summit upgraded the International’s frame with a 2010 Chevy 5500 chassis to tie it all together and placed that on top of a Kelderman 4-Way Independent Air Ride suspension.
- The Summit 6422 Electric Over Hydraulic Crane will also be featured – with both machines coated in various LINE-X protective coatings to showcase versatility. LINE-X, which is available for all service bodies that Summit sells, has been applied to several exterior surfaces of the service body, both front and rear bumpers and even select interior components.
Summit said it "went over the top" to create a "stunning and fully functional" work truck to "illustrate the company’s core capability of providing the highest quality service bodies available."
- LINE-X Protective Coating Throughout Chassis and Body Including Custom Front & Rear Bumper
- Cab: Fully Restored 1973 International Loadstar 1700
- Chassis: 2010 Dodge 5500 19,500 Gross Vehicle Weight
- Engine: 707hp 6.2L Supercharged Dodge Hemi Hellcat
- Suspension: Kelderman 4-Way Independent Adjustable Air Ride
- Exhaust: Electric Cutouts
- Bed: Summit 7 Series Service Body
- Crane: Summit 6422 Electric Over Hydraulic
- Paint: PPG Extreme Black & Copper
“The Summit Work Truck, with its impressive Hellcat power plant and premium Series 7 service body, is a true reflection of LINE-X’s dedication to service professionals and the specific needs of work truck fleets across every industry – with our coatings’ability to extend the life of vehicles and equipment that are continuously exposed to extremely harsh working conditions,” said Dennis Weese, president of LINE-X. “Between extreme protection that ultimately reduces long term costs, to unmatched customization options for desired aesthetics, our industrial partners and fleets all across the world trust LINE-X to take on challenges of today and tomorrow.”
“As one of Summit’s top manufacturing partners, LINE-X helps us add unmatched strength, durability and style to our service equipment, so the decision to team up with them at SEMA was easy,” said Daniel De Aces for Summit Truck Bodies. “The extreme versatility of LINE-X coatings are on full display through the unique style and toughness to our Hellcat-poweredInternational, and to all of our products that are trusted by fleet professionals everywhere. We are extremely excited to have our custom rig featured alongside several incredible, limit-shattering builds at the LINE-X experience.”
LINE-X coatings have excellent adhesion to a variety of prepared surfaces which include metal, aluminum, fiberglass, concrete and more. Additionally, the world-famous coatings have been engineered to deliver dramatically superior protection than industrial paint, powder coating or other typical treatments for work trucks and fleet vehicles of all varieties.
The Summit Work Truck is located in the LINE-X booth in the Upper South Hall, Booth 34113.
Photo courtesy Summit Truck Bodies Facebook