Vitex is the first Greek paint company – also the first in Southeastern Europe – to present such a report and strategic commitment.
The report was developed based on GRI Standards and meets the requirements of the "Core" option. The creation of the Sustainable Development Report 2016-2018 was carried out with the support and guidance of AIPHORIA Consulting.
Vitex develops actions aimed at improving the quality of life both through the quality products it produces and through its corporate social responsibility initiatives:
- Promotes innovation and develops products that provide added value to consumers while being safe for public health and the environment, throughout their lifecycle;
- Is committed to protecting the environment through the implementation of a certified Environmental Management System. At the same time, it adopts procedures that guarantee the health and safety of its employees;
- Collaborates with local communities that host its facilities based on mutual transparency and trust;
- Invests in the company’s human resources and especially in their training and personal development. It also supports its employees and their families in whatever unforeseen and unpleasant situation they may face;
- Applies the high standards set by the European Union (EU) for public health and the environment by promoting to all the countries where it operates, the same high-quality products (that meet these high EU standards) as the ones on sale in Greece.