Axalta in Motion took place in September 2019 and challenged EMEA employees to take as many steps as possible in 24 hours, both at home and at work. Local activities promoted teamwork and increased the step count.
Once the first annual challenge was completed, five Axalta countries in EMEA were selected at random to donate €10,000 each, as well as to volunteer time, to an organization nominated by employees.
The countries and organizations are:
- Belgium: Natuurpunt is an independent voluntary association that protects vulnerable and endangered nature in Flanders;
- Germany: Nabu NRW is an organization of volunteers committed to full-time nature conservation work in the North Rhine-Westphalia region;
- Italy: WWF is an independent international organization dedicated to the defense of nature and the environment;
- Switzerland: Pro Natura Basel supports projects that safeguard valuable protected landscapes in Basel and the surrounding region;
- UK: Queen Mary’s Grammar School, Walsall, which is part of a multi-academy trust called The Mercian Trust and which supports students in the STEM subjects