Organizers of the European Coatings Show (ECS) 2021, which is scheduled for March 23-25, 2021 at the NürnbergMesse GmbH in Nuremberg, Germany, have affirmed that the ECS is expected to go on as scheduled.
Show organizers Vincentz Network GmbH & Co. KG recently surveyed exhibitors, asking whether the date should stay the same or be changed.
“The survey was overwhelmingly positive,” organizers reported. “A clear majority prefers to keep the regular date in March.”
In terms of general rules, here are a few from the list, along with the measures from the show’s organizers:
• Social Distancing: “Please observe a social distancing of 1.5 m between people in all areas of the exhibition grounds.”
• Masks: “In general, all persons over the age of seven are required to wear masks in the interior spaces of the exhibition venue. The best way to implement this measure is by wearing an everyday mask or with densely woven cloths or scarves that completely cover the mouth and nose.
“Face coverings can be removed at exhibition stand tables providing that a minimum distance of 1.5 m can be safely maintained – and assuming that the incidence of infection remains low.
“In outdoor areas, it is mandatory to wear face coverings whenever minimum social distancing measures cannot be maintained. Please always carry a mask with you. If you forget or lose your mask, a supply of standardized face coverings is available at central locations on the exhibition grounds.”
• Health: “Only visit the NürnbergMesse exhibition grounds if you are in good health. Unfortunately, you may not visit a trade fair if you have been in contact with anyone infected with SARS-CoV-2 within the past 14 days or if you have symptoms of a respiratory tract infection or have an elevated temperature.”
• Disinfecting and Cleaning: “For your safety, we will regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces (e.g. tables, handrails, door handles) as well as our sanitary facilities at more frequent intervals.”
• Meeting Size: “Distance and hygiene also applies to meetings. We recommend a maximum meeting size of eight people.”
• Evening Parties and Stand Parties: “Until further notice, stand parties will not permitted during the trade fair, as the required social distancing guidelines cannot be enforced. The same applies to parties and exhibitor evenings at NürnbergMesse.”
“We are already looking forward to a successful and secure ECS despite the more challenging economic conditions,” organizers added. “Many of the available areas have already been sold, and leading companies such as Bühler, Byk, Covestro, Eckart, Huntsman, Sun Chemicals, and many more have already registered. We know from the survey and many personal talks: The industry is looking forward to ECS 2021.”