PUBLIC COMPANY; YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1883
REVENUE: $13.8 billion t ($15.1 billion)
Markets Served: Aerospace, Architectural Coatings, Automotive OEM Coatings, Automotive Refinish, Industrial Coatings; Packaging Coatings; Protective and Marine Coatings; Specialty Coatings and Materials; Traffic Solutions
*Denotes operating committee
Michael H. McGarry*, chairman and CEO; Anne M. Foulkes*, SVP and General Counsel; Timothy M. Knavish*, EVP; Rebecca B. Liebert*, EVP; Vincent J. Morales*, SVP and CFO; Juan J. Ardid, VP, Protective and Marine Coatings, U.S. and Canada; Scott A. Bartlett, VP, Operations, Global Architectural Coatings; David S. Bem*, VP, Science and Technology and CTO; Karl H. Bergström, VP, PPG Architectural Coatings, Latin America and President, PPG Comex; Kevin D. Braun*, VP, Global Industrial Coatings; John A. Bruno, VP, Investor Relations; Mark Cancilla, VP, Environment, Health and Safety; Andrew T. Carroll, VP, Industrial Coatings, Americas; Jeffrey C. Davies, VP, Corporate Development; Amy R. Ericson*, SVP, Packaging Coatings; Daniel G. Fayock, Assistant General Counsel and Secretary; Andrea Giunta, VP, Science and Technology, Color; Chancey E. Hagerty*, VP, Global Automotive Refinish Coatings; Bryan N. Iams, VP, Corporate and Government Affairs; Jaime A. Irick, VP, Architectural Coatings, U.S. and Canada; John A. Jankowski, VP and Treasurer; Roald Johannsen, VP, Automotive Coatings, EMEA; James T. Jones, VP, Procurement; Diane M. Kappas, VP, Automotive Coatings, Americas; Daniel G. Korte*, Global VP, Aerospace; Adriana Macouzet, VP, PPG Latin America and GM, Protective and Marine Coatings, Latin America; Thomas E. Maziarz, VP, Automotive Refinish, Americas; Kumar Nandan, VP, Tax; Steven Pocock, VP, Architectural Coatings EMEA, North and East; Bhaskar Ramachandran, VP and CIO; Vincent Robin, President, PPG Asia/Pacific and VP, Automotive Coatings, Asia/Pacific; Devashish Saxena, VP and Chief Digital Officer; William E. Schaupp, VP and Controller; Pascal Tisseyre, VP, Architectural Coatings EMEA, South; Ram Vadlamannati*, SVP, Protective and Marine Coatings and President, PPG EMEA; Jane N. Valenta, VP, Global Technical Architectural Coatings; Kevin R. Walling*, VP and Chief Human Resources Officer; Xiaodong (Tony) Wu, VP, Automotive Refinish, Asia; and Jérôme Zamblera, VP, Automotive Refinish, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
PPG is recognized and respected around the world as a leading paints, coatings and specialty materials manufacturer, providing technologically advanced solutions to meet even the most difficult challenges. PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. The company employs 46,900 people worldwide. PPG reported net sales of $13.8 billion in 2020. In 2020, Industrial Coatings comprised 39% of net sales, with Performance Coatings as 61% of net sales.
PPG’s Performance Coatings and Industrial Coatings reportable segments supply coatings and specialty materials for customers in a wide array of end-use markets, including industrial equipment and components, packaging material; aircraft and marine equipment; automotive original equipment; as well as for other industrial and consumer products. In addition to supplying coatings to the automotive OEM market, PPG supplies refinishes to the automotive aftermarket. PPG also serves commercial and residential new build and maintenance markets by supplying coatings to painting and maintenance contractors and directly to consumers.
PPG operates more than 150 manufacturing locations in more than 70 countries. Its global technical facilities include:
• Allison Park, PA, US: Global Coatings Innovation Center
• Oak Creek, WI, US; Elverson, PA, US; Springdale, PA, US, Strongsville, OH, US; Cieszyn, Poland; Marly, France; Runcorn, UK; Milan, Italy; Felizzano, Italy; Ulsan, Korea; Petaling Jaya, Malaysia; Pawane, India; Zhangjiagang, China; Tianjin, China: Industrial Development Labs
• Bodelshausen, Germany; Milford, OH, US: Packaging Research
• Burbank, CA, US: Aerospace Research
• State of Mexico: Comex Research
• Sumare, Brazil: Customer Application Lab
• Marly, France; Ingersheim, Germany; Quattordio, Italy: Automotive OEM Research Centers
• Amsterdam, the Netherlands: Architectural/Protective and Marine Coatings Research Center
• Milan, Italy: Automotive Refinish Research
• Busan, South Korea: Customer Application Lab
• Tianjin, China: Global Competitive Sourcing Lab andCustomer Application Lab
• Clayton, Australia: Customer Application Lab
• Klingenberg, Germany and Jilin, China: Automotive OEM research centers
• Zhangjiagang, China: Coatings Application Innovation Center.
Key Happenings in 2020
PPG made a number of key acquisitions in the past year:
• Tikkurila, a well-known supplier of decorative paints and painting-related products in the Nordic countries.
• Ennis-Flint, a global leader in pavement markings and traffic safety solutions.
• VersaFlex, a manufacturer specializing in polyurea, epoxy and polyurethane coatings.
• ICR, a manufacturer of automotive and light industrial paints and coatings.
• Alpha Coating Technologies, which produces powder coatings for light industrial applications and heat-sensitive substrates.
• Wörwag, a global manufacturer of coatings for automotive and industrial applications.