Walter Grüebler, chairman of the board; Ernst Bärtschi, CEO; Group management: Alexander Bleibler, construction, contractors; Christoph Ganz, construction, distribution; Ernesto Schümperli, construction, concrete; Bruno Fritsche, industry; Silvio Ponti, Europe North; Hubert Perrin De Brichambaut, Europe South; Iven Chadwick, IMEA; Paul Schuler, North America; Jose Luis Vazquez, Latin America; Jan Janisch, Asia Pacific.
Sika’s product line includes concrete admixtures, sealants, adhesives, corrosion inhibitors, specialty mortars, epoxy resins, structural strengthening systems, grouts, anchoring adhesives, overlays, and protective coatings. The sale of adhesives, sealants and coatings amounted to approximately $2.3 billion in 2010, up from $2.1 billion the previous year. These products are spread out across the construction segment, which is responsible for about 80 percent of revenue, and the industry segment, which makes up the remaining 20 percent.
During the year, Sika AG’s subsidiary Sika (Japan) Ltd. acquired the construction sealant business of Henkel Japan Ltd. The acquired business includes the well-known trademarks, Bellace and Duribbon, which are well established in the Japanese construction market with annual sales of approximately $11.5 million. With this acquisition, Sika will complement its Sikaflex range and strengthen its market position in the Japanese construction sealant market.
Sika Corporation, the U.S. subsidiary of Sika AG, acquired the automotive glass replacement business of ADCO Products, Inc. The business acquired reaches an annual turnover of approximately $7 million and will be integrated into Sika’s aftermarket business unit in the U.S. and its industry division in Canada and Latin America. As part of the transaction, Sika acquired the rights to the Titan brand name of auto glass adhesives.
Sika Corporation also acquired the Green streak Group, Inc. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri,/USA annual revenues for Greenstreak are approximately $30 million.