As part of PPG’s global COVID-19 response and support of crucial international and regional needs, grant recipients include:
- Feeding America: $150,000 to help food banks respond to the increased need for food from kids, families, and seniors facing hunger;
- International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies: $375,000 to support critical efforts in communities where PPG operates in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regions;
- Chinese Red Cross Foundation: $168,000 was donated in February 2020 to support recovery efforts in response to the crisis and to help vulnerable communities and families;
- Emerging community relief efforts: $520,000 to support local organizations serving those most at risk in PPG’s communities across the globe;
- Pittsburgh-area crisis support: $275,000 to support impacted organizations and people in Pittsburgh, PPG’s global headquarters community. The donations will fund both the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank to provide food and resources to those in need, and the Emergency Action Fund held at The Pittsburgh Foundation to aid nonprofits providing emergency services, basic needs and helping people experiencing financial hardship.
PPG has also increased its employee matching donations program in the U.S. and Canada. When PPG employees make personal financial contributions to benefit nonprofit organizations supporting communities impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, the PPG Foundation has committed up to $250,000 to double its standard match donation to 2:1 through May 31, 2020.
In addition to financial contributions, PPG has committed a variety of in-kind supply donations including paint and masks, totaling more than $500,000. As part of these donations, PPG previously announced that it provided 80,000 masks to hospitals in Pittsburgh, New York, Cleveland, Detroit and Huntsville, Ala., in support of COVID-19 relief efforts.
The company also donated more than 290 gallons (1,100 liters) of MASTER’S MARK anti-bacterial interior latex coatings by PPG to Shanghai Tong Ren Hospital.