The American Coatings Association (ACA) recently partnered with the U.S. Commercial Service (CS), part of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration, in an effort to help the country grow the number of industry companies that export products. The partnership—called the New Market Export Initiative—connects ACA member companies to international buyers worldwide and provides a wide array of services, including trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking and commercial diplomacy. ACA's International Affairs Committee approved the new partnership.
“ACA is excited to be a partner with the U.S. Commercial Service in encouraging the increase of U.S. exports,” said ACA president Andy Doyle. “Exporting accounts for a low percentage of the U.S. gross domestic product, when compared to other countries. The coatings industry can be a part of the solution to this problem and ACA is strategically positioned to facilitate this effort."
As a partner in the New Market Export Initiative, ACA will offer webinars about the initiative and feature speakers from U.S. Commercial Services at its meetings to highlight the advantages this initiative offers to companies.
Through the partnership, participating members will be able to:
• Receive assistance from U.S. Commercial Service in creating an international business plan for entry or expansion into a target market, including legal and regulatory documentation and requirements;
• Receive country commercial guides, trade data and analysis, and customized market research; • Receive assistance in locating potential partners, buyers, and sales representatives in a target market;
• Participate in trade missions organized and led by U.S. Commercial Service officials to allow companies to meet distributors, government and industry officials, as well as prospective customers; and
• Gain access to U.S. government trade advocacy for foreign government procurement bids with direct support from U.S. officials stationed overseas.
For more information about this partnership, go to http://export.gov/aca/, or contact ACA’s Marie Hobson (email@example.com) or John Hopewell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
American Coatings Association partners with U.S. Department of Commerce on export initiative
Published July 25, 2012
Related Breaking News
- Daniel Lang Appointed Managing Director of Ennis-Flint EMEA
- PPG Launches Metal Coatings Color Selector Tool on ppgideascapes.com
- Perstorp Opens New Oxo Plant to Strengthen Position in PVC Plasticizers, Chemical Intermediates
- Flowcrete Americas and Carboline USA Enter New Distribution Agreement in the USA
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News