in Chinese licensee
Carboline Company, a subsidiary of RPM, has acquired a 49% interest in its Chinese licensee, Carboline Dalian Paint Production Co., Ltd. (Carboline Dalian). The remaining 51% of the joint venture will be owned by UniChemical Company, a long-standing partner of Carboline in another joint venture, Carboline Korea Ltd.
Carboline Dalian , with sales expected to approach $10 million, manufactures corrosion control coatings and linings for a variety of industries, including offshore drilling, oil and gas, petrochemical, general manufacturing and OEM, nuclear and conventional power, among others.
Carboline Dalian’s headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Dalian City, Liaoning Province, People’s Republic of China. The company, which employs 60, also has a sales office and warehouse in Shanghai.