• Univar Inc. has opened a new office in Vienna, Austria. Univar has been active in this market for 20 years, but this is the first time the company will have a local base, enabling it to work more closely with its Austrian customers and suppliers.
• Azelis has been appointed distributor by Momentive, to service the coatings sector in Russia. Azelis will now offer Momentive’s range of water-based dispersions for paints, under the AXILAT brand name.
• DKSH’s Business Unit Performance Materials has expanded the partnership in the field of coatings and additives with Evonik Industries. DKSH has been appointed to distribute Evonik’s Tego products in Indonesia and Thailand. DKSH will also distribute Evonik’s coatings and adhesives resins product portfolio in Indonesia and Vietnam. These products are used in a variety of paint, coatings, inks and adhesives applications.
• TOLSA Group has appointed E.W. Kaufmann Company as representatives for TOLSA’s line of UltraSpheres Ceramic Microspheres. UltraSpheres Ceramic Microspheres are economical, high-performance materials, used as additives and fillers in a wide range of paints, coatings, mastics and other construction materials. E.W. Kaufmann will be offering the Ultraspheres throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Ohio Valley.
• DKSH and Clariant have entered into a regional distribution partnership covering India, the Philippines and Vietnam for the Industrial and Consumer Specialty Business Unit.
• Cytec Industries Inc.’s Coatings Resins Busines has appointed Palmer Holland as the distributor of its crosslinkers and liquid and energy-curable resins and additives for the Northeast and Midwest U.S.
• BASF Corporation has expanded the territories of two exclusive distributors for its Industrial Kaolin Business, Brandt Technologies of Bensenville, Illinois, and Ribelin Sales, Inc. of Garland Texas. Brandt Technologies will be the exclusive BASF industrial kaolin distributor for the state of Kentucky in addition to its current Midwest territory. Ribelin Sales will add Tennessee to its exclusive Southern States territory.
• Vertellus Specialties Inc., a leading manufacturer of castor oil, castor oil polyols and derivatives, for the coatings, adhesive, sealant and elastomer markets, announced that Archway Sales Inc. will become the official and exclusive distributor of Vertellus castor oil products and derivatives in the northeast U.S. region.
• Silberline Manufacturing Company has expanded territory with Archway Sales, Inc. for the states of AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, OK, ND, and SD. Archway Sales distributes Silberline’s Aluminum Pigments and Pastes: leafing, nonleafing, acid-resistant and special effect pigments.
• DuPont Titanium Technologies has formed a new distribution agreement with Omya, Inc. Omya, through its subsidiary companies Durr Marketing Associates, Azalea Color Company and Lipscomb Chemical Company, will become a national distributor and represent DuPont Titanium Technologies’ products in all 50 U.S. states as well as Western Canada.
• Omnova Solutions, a leading global specialty chemicals provider, has announced the geographic expansion of Gulf Coast Chemical as Omnova’s distributor for the U.S. Southeastern territories. The southeastern territories include the following new regions: North Carolina, South Carolina, and Eastern Tennessee. Gulf Coast Chemical had previously supported Omnova in Florida.
• Arizona Chemical has reached an agreement with IMCD Group B.V. to further expand the distribution partnership for Arizona’s refinery product lines to the African continent. This agreement follows on the January 2012 announcement whereby Arizona Chemical appointed IMCD Group as their distributor for the refinery product lines in Western Europe. IMCD will assume responsibility for the commercial relationship, technical support and logistics for the customers it serves.
• Resinate Materials Group, Inc. has entered into a distribution agreement with Hall Technologies. Inc. for its Resinate brand resins. Hall Technologies will represent the company and its products in the Midwestern U.S., and will help promote Resinate R-162 as well as other resins in development. Hall Technologies is experienced with a broad range of chemical products and will be able to leverage their experience to help the industry to better understand the advantages of Resinate’s products.
Architectural coatings are becoming increasingly robust as we move into the 21st century. Consumers demand that coatings be more stain repellent or easy-to-clean. To meet this demand, paint companies advertise highly cleanable,…