OSHA is seeking to reshape VPP so that it continues to represent safety and health excellence, leverages partner resources, further recognizes the successes of long-term participants, and supports smart program growth. Some of the questions OSHA invites stakeholder input include:
- What can the agency do to enhance and encourage the efforts of employers, workers and unions to identify and address workplace hazards through the VPP?
- How can the agency support increased participation in VPP while operating with available resources and maintaining the integrity of the program?
- How can the agency modify VPP to enhance the efforts and engagement of long-term VPP participants?
- How might the agency modify Corporate VPP for greater leverage and effectiveness?
- How can the agency further leverage participant resources such as Special Government Employees?
For those who may not be able to attend in person, a docket has been opened to receive comments. You can provide your input and/or read others’ comments here https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=OSHA-2017-0009. The docket closes Sept. 15, 2017.
We anticipate hosting a second stakeholder meeting tentatively scheduled to occur in conjunction with the VPPPA National Conference the week of August 28th in New Orleans.