When multi-phase protection is necessary, Cortec offers VpCI Technology options that protect in the vapor phase, contact phase, and at the air-water interface. These VpCI molecules diffuse throughout the enclosed space and adsorb on metal surfaces below and above the surface of the water, forming a thin molecular corrosion inhibiting layer that protects against oxygen, chlorides, and other corrosive elements.
Cortec offers many sound environmentally friendly additives that can replace nitrites, molybdates, phosphonates, morpholine, hydrazine, and amines. One example from Cortec’s vast portfolio is a novel, environmentally friendly, corrosion-inhibiting coating for hydrostatic testing that can be applied to large tanks simply by raising and lowering the water level. The additive is nitrite- and amine-free, and water treated with the recommended additive concentration is generally safe for discharge into seawater.
Cortec’s range of VpCI water treatment additives offer the following benefits:
- Easy to formulate;
- Does not alter emulsion properties;
- Compatible with biocides;
- Provides multi-metal protection;
- Environmentally friendly options
- Wash water additive to protect food cans from corrosion during sterilization;
- Corrosion inhibitor for yellow metals in circulating cooling systems;
- Hydrostatic testing / float coat additive for use in seawater or brine;
- “Green” filming corrosion inhibitor for boiler condensate that contains only FDA approved ingredients;
- Low toxicity corrosion inhibitor that replaces the use of toxic hydrazine in high pressure boilers;
- Antiscalant for reverse osmosis systems;
- Oxygen scavenger for low to medium pressure boilers
Protecting and cleaning boilers, heat exchangers, cooling loops, and other water systems is an important step for in-process maintenance and protection during seasonal layup. Rather than using more hazardous treatments, Cortec’s additives include several “greener” or lower toxicity alternatives to effectively protect and maintain equipment.
Cortec additives are an innovative way to add corrosion protection, not only to water systems, but also to a range of deicing salts and fluids, coatings, cleaners and degreasers, fuels, plastics, elastomers and more.
To read the entire version of this brochure, click here.