There was a total of 35,540 visitors at this year’s show. The total number of individual visitors increased 16.8 percent from 2017 and 34 percent from 2016. Furthermore, over 17,500 visitors from Day 1 revisited the show on Day 2. The total number of visitors attending technical programs was 3,497.
This year’s show had a record-breaking 1,290+ exhibitors from 31 countries/regions participating, showing an increase of seven percent and 21 percent compared to 2017 Shanghai and 2016 Guangzhou editions respectively. The total gross exhibition area of CHINACOAT2018 was more than 78,500 square meters, a rise of 21 percent against last 2016 Guangzhou show.
“It is also worth mentioning that the total net exhibition area and number of exhibitors of the ‘UV/EB Technology and Products exhibit zone this year has expanded by over 60 percent in comparison with 2017 Shanghai show,” said Raymond Ho, director, Sinostar International. “We reckon this is due to increasing stringent environmental regulations and growing demand from automotive and industrial end-users. During the three-day period we are also expecting a good number of industry visitors to turn up.”
Among the topics being addressed at the show are sustainability and green coatings.
CHINACOAT2018 offered attendees many unique opportunities. Since its inception in 1996, CHINACOAT has been providing an international trading platform for suppliers and manufacturers of the coatings industry to connect with global trade visitors.
“With an overall gross display area of over 78,500 square meters and a continued increase in the numbers of exhibitors, visitors benefit from having more choices and variety of exhibits than before,” said Mr. Ho.
Alongside the exhibition, 13 technical papers were presented at the 16th CHINACOAT Conference, three Technical Workshops were held and 36 Technical Seminars were delivered by experts providing participants with valuable opportunities to share knowledge on the latest trends technologies, regulations and to network with industry leaders.
Major Highlights of CHINACOAT2018:
- Global mix of exhibitors: 1,290+ exhibitors from 31 countries/regions gather on a gross exhibition area of over 78,500m2. Among them, 320+ (25 percent) are new exhibitors.
- Chinese exhibitors represent the largest national group at the show, accounting for 970+ or about 75 percent of the exhibitors, allowing visitors to source from China manufacturers at competitive prices.
- Comprehensive mix of exhibits in five zones offering full range of products, services and solutions to meet visitors’ multiple requirements.
- The Korean and Taiwan Region Pavilions
- International Technical Programs: 36 Technical Seminars, Conference and three Technical Workshops deliver in-depth study on market development and technology updates.