pecialty Coating Systems will be hosting a free, educational webinar entitled “Advances in Conformal Coatings: Enhancing Reliability of Innovative Technologies” on Tuesday, December 4, 2012, at 10 AM Hong Kong/Singapore/Kuala Lumpur time.
Conformal coatings have been used in the electronics, automotive, defense, aerospace and medical device industries for many years in a number of surface modification roles, including:
• Isolate/protect device surfaces from various environments
• Provide selective or overall electrical insulation
• Improve lubricity/reduce tackiness
• Stabilize/consolidate surfaces by micro-particle immobilization
• Stabilize very delicate micro structures
• Function as an interface that is non-inhibitory to tissue growth
As devices and components within these industries become smaller and increasingly complex, they present unique challenges for many conformal coatings. Parylene is an ultra-thin (typically 500 angstroms to 75 microns), inert, transparent coating that meets these unique challenges . Parylene provides highly useful dielectric and barrier properties per unit thickness, as well as extreme chemical inertness and freedom from pinholes. The coating is also biocompatible. Parylene protects components and devices, including circuit card assemblies, MEMS, sensors, LEDs, cores, lab-on-a-chip devices, pacemakers, stents, and cochlear implants, to name only a few.
This webinar will focus on the Parylene’s unique properties, how the coating is applied, examples of applications that benefit from Parylene’s properties, and advances that have been made in adhesion technologies. The 45 minute presentation will be followed by 15 minutes of questions and answers by SCS technical staff.
To register for the event, visit SCSwebinars.com.
Specialty Coating Systems offers conformal coating webinar for engineers in Asia
Published November 8, 2012
Related Breaking News
- USGBC Joins Home Energy Information Accelerator and Commits to Expand Energy Efficiency in the U.S.
- Chromaflo Technologies to Demonstrate Expertise at Eastern Coatings Show 2015
- Charles Ross & Son Co. Introduces New VersaMix Multi-Shaft Mixer for Viscous Applications
- PPG launches Olympic ONE Stucco and Masonry Paint
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News