The PPG Industries Foundation has donated $72,000 recently to education-related initiatives in the Greater Pittsburgh area, where the company maintains its global headquarters and several facilities. The grants highlight PPG Industries’ (NYSE:PPG) commitment to supporting its local communities and the foundation’s top funding priority of backing educational programs.
The recent grants have funded:
· Allegheny Intermediate Unit’s Math & Science Collaborative program
· Fred Rogers Center of Saint Vincent College’s Early Learning Environment
· Girl Scouts of Western Pennsylvania’s Color of Science program
· Pirates Charities’ Pittsburgh Pirates Education Days program
· YMCA of Pittsburgh’s effort to provide scholarships for students and chaperones to attend the YMCA Europe Festival in Prague
“PPG is strongly committed to supporting educational programs in the communities where it has a presence,” said Sue Sloan, executive director of the PPG Industries Foundation. “As Pittsburgh is PPG’s global headquarters community, we are very pleased to support so many organizations in the area that do great work in advancing an array of learning opportunities.”
Established in 1951, the PPG Industries Foundation demonstrates the values of PPG Industries by enhancing the quality of life in communities where the company has a presence. Interests of the foundation, in order of priority, are education, human services, culture and arts, and civic and community affairs. PPG also supports charitable causes by encouraging employees' volunteerism and board service with nonprofit organizations.
PPG donates $72,000 for Education-related Initiatives in Greater Pittsburgh Area
Published October 14, 2013
blog comments powered by Disqus