BASF will introduce new chemistries for the coatings industry at the 2013 Western Coatings Symposium and Show (WCS), October 20-23, in Las Vegas, Nevada. BASF will share solutions for architectural and decorative coatings, as well as for transportation and industrial coatings manufacturers.
“At the Western Coatings Symposium and Show BASF will showcase its ability to deliver versatile, customized solutions to coatings formulators, based on customer needs,” said Derek Fairclough, Senior Vice President, Dispersions & Pigments, for BASF in North America. “Our application know-how and our broad and diverse portfolio can help our customers to be more successful. The WCS allows us the unique opportunity to share our capabilities, which includes our employees, products and technology that support the coatings industry.”
Showcasing sustainable solutions
Customers will have the opportunity to discuss technologies with expert formulators to achieve their requirements for improved environmental performance while addressing needs for:
· Zero- and low-volatile organic compound (VOC) formulations,
· Non-APEO or non-formaldehyde materials,
· Low energy curing,
· Replacement of heavy metal pigments, and,
· Latex with minimal environmental impact.
Kaolin offers high performance extenders
BASF will also launch MATTEX ® PRO during the show. Mattex PRO is a patent pending, engineered, high performance kaolin-based product designed for use in flat architectural paints. It is uniquely structured to provide high scrub resistance properties and low sheen while maintaining excellent hide. Low sheen and gloss make Mattex PRO ideal for paints that require excellent touch-up properties without the use of flatting agents. Mattex PRO provides formulating flexibility that can replace a combination of calcined kaolin, other extenders and flatting agents while improving scrubs up to 30% and maintaining optical properties.
In addition, BASF technical experts will discuss how BASF’s innovative solutions can help address the coating challenges of the 21st century and will also present the following papers during the symposium:
· William Rosano, Scientist, BASF Formulation Service Institute and Bob Waldron, Technical Advisor Decorative Coatings, "TiO2 and Extender Effects on Acrylic Latex Paint Optical Properties and Color Development" on October 21 at 3:20 p.m.
· Arne Rick, Technical Service Specialist, Formulation Additives - "Application Testing of an Experimental Dispersing Agent by DOE Methodology" on October 22 at 10:20 a.m.
· Brandon Achord, Development Scientist, Formulation Additives – “Tailor-Made Hyper-Branched Nonionic Associative Thickener for Zero-VOC Paints” on October 23 at 8:35 a.m.
· Nilanjan Chakrabarti, Group Leader-Technical Service, Pigments - "High Hide Yellow with Superior Durability" on October 23 at 10:55 a.m.
· John Mangano, Technical Service Specialist, Formulation Additives -- "The Role of Molecular Defoaming Actives in Low VOC Paint Defoamer Design" on October 22 at 10:55 a.m.
BASF to Focus on Customers, Chemistry for Sustainable Solutions at Western Coatings Symposium
Published October 21, 2013
Related Breaking News
- 43rd Annual Waterborne Symposium Announces Line-up
- CPI Unveils Survey Data of Polyurethanes Industry at 2015 Polyurethanes Technical Conference
- Sun Chemical Launches its Series of Pearlescent Pigments for Exterior Coatings
- Sika AG: Schenker-Winkler Holding Announces Challenge of Certain Decisions of Shareholders Meeting
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News