With immediate effect, or as existing contracts permit, BASF will increase its selling prices for the following products in Europe:
1,4 Butanediol (BDO) +50 Euro/mt
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) +70 Euro/mt
Polytetramethylene ether glycol (PolyTHF®) +70 Euro/ mt
The price adjustments reflect mainly the increase of raw material cost.
BDO and its derivatives are used for producing engineering plastics, polyurethanes, solvents and elastic spandex fibers.
THF is a high-quality intermediate that serves, for example, as a specialty solvent in the production of pharmaceuticals.
PolyTHF is used to make elastic spandex fibers for a large variety of textiles, including underwear, outerwear, sportswear and swimsuits. It also serves as a chemical building block for thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU), which are used to make hoses, films and cable sheathing. Other applications include thermoplastic polyetheresters, polyetheramides and cast elastomers for the production of wheels for skateboards and inline skates.
* PolyTHF â is a registered trade mark of BASF Group in many countries.
BASF to Increase Prices for Butanediol and Derivatives
Published December 2, 2013
Related Breaking News
- HMG Paints Ltd.'s Future Entrepreneurship Partnership used as Benchmark for Training
- Axalta’s Powder Coating Joint Venture Wins Top Ten Powder Coating Brands Award in China
- PPG Foundation Supports Woodstock High School WiSE Club Outreach Efforts
- Research and Markets Releases Report on Global Production Chemicals Market 2015-2020
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News