AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. announces that its Fluon® ETFE powders are ideal for seamless rotolining of industrial equipment used in chemical processing applications in the food, petroleum and potable water/wastewater industries. Rotolining vessels with ETFE is superior to traditional sheet lining methods because the free-flowing ETFE powder naturally conforms to interiors and does not typically require welding and sealing.
Fluon ETFE is a melt-processable copolymer of tetrafluoroethylene and ethylene. Fluon ETFE powders possess outstanding physical toughness and high resistance to heat and chemical attack. Fluon ETFE powders feature:
· Excellent bonding to metal
· Seamless interior lining of intricate and complex objects with a uniform desired thickness
· Ability to conform to the interior of virtually any size and shape vessel
· Allows for post machining of critical surfaces
· Lining thickness up to 0.250”
· A mold-free process for reduced mold and tooling costs