IRL is pleased to announce the launch of a new edition of its regional title A Profile of the South American Paint Industry. This fully updated report provides market data for 2013 and forecasts for 2018, and gives an overview of the paint industry trends across 10 countries in the region.
Available as a full report or in country/market sections
Forms part of our Global Online Database Package – Please contact us for further details
The total market for paints and coatings in South America was over 2.9 million tonnes in 2013, and is forecast to rise to more than 3.8 million tonnes by 2018. This is equivalent to an average annual growth rate of 5.6%.
On a country-by-country basis, Brazil is by far the largest national market, accounting for nearly 60% of total demand. Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay are very small by comparison. All countries are predicted to enjoy good growth rates over the forecast period, in particular the developing market of Bolivia (from a very small base) and the dynamic market of Brazil. Brazil will be hosting the Football World Cup in summer 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016, both of which have stimulated demand for all types of paints and coatings.
Architectural and decorative coatings for consumer and professional uses account for some three quarters of the American market overall, although this proportion varies from country to country. Growth is forecast to be highest in the architectural and general industrial segments. This is influenced by growth in the dominant market of Brazil, where significant investment in infrastructure is currently taking place.
Growth in the marine and protective coatings segment is being boosted by developments in the oil and gas sector, particularly in Brazil where there is currently extensive activity in the area of deep water oil reserves.
‘A Profile of the South American Paint Industry’ gives an insight into the market changes in the past few years as well as outlining the key trends affecting the decorative and industrial coatings segments for each individual country covered. The scope of the study covers Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. It provides 2013 market data on nine mainstream paints and coatings segments: architectural/decorative, industrial wood coatings, protective coatings, marine coatings, automotive OEM coatings, automotive refinishes, powder coatings, general industrial coatings and plastic coatings. Forecasts on these are also presented for the year 2018. The cost of the full report is €3,750 (three thousand seven hundred and fifty euros).
Sections of the report, priced individually, will soon be available to purchase online at our website:
• The South America Paints report is also available as part of IRL’s Global online database system called Enterprise, which will from now on form a key part of its services to the paints and coatings industry and its affiliates.
• IRL’s database provides a comprehensive and fast tool that enables clients to analyse all data available efficiently and to every desirable level of detail.
• The regional PDF reports remain a complementary, qualitative offering to the database, and will from 2014 on be updated on a biannual basis.
• Database updates following the latest industry feedback and showing up-to-date forecasts are planned to be published biannually, with live updates throughout the year.
• Historic, current and 5-year forecast data will be available in an online pivot table format.
• Users can create data tables to their own designs and needs and compare data across different regions and countries.
The South American Paint Industry
Published May 30, 2014
Related Breaking News
Related Paint & Coatings Manufacturer News