We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose:
We create chemistry for a sustainable future
This position is located in Greer, South Carolina at the BMW Manufacturing Center.
Responsible for directing and leading the efforts of a BASF Field Service Team to support existing BASF product and new product/application development within the customer’s process.
The Coatings Process Leader
• Demonstrates leadership in enhancing BASF’s reputation with the customer in the assembly plant.
• Manages key performance indicators within product service environments to drive product improvement initiatives and problem resolution that are critical to customer performance expectations.
• Differentiates and resolves process problems in the assembly plant, thereby, preventing non-value added work from being performed in BASF operations.
BASIC TASKS:MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Possesses and demonstrates a zero incident safety mindset. Implements and enforces all required safety initiatives and training per BASF standards and complies with required safety protocol established by our customers at their facilities. Complies with DOT and IATA requirements for shipping hazardous material from the customer facilities to BASF.
• Works closely within customer operations to ensure that customer needs and product requirements are being met.
• Effectively distinguishes process problems from material problems and engages the Technical Service Management for all problems or situations involving BASF.
• Supports the BASF Field Service Level Agreement for a particular account, executes the terms and manages any and all exceptions to the mutual benefit of BASF and the Customer.
• Enforces compliance to the customer’s Assembly Plant Service Process.
• Maintains productive and profitable customer relations.
• Works with the Account Management team to develop long-term product, communication and service strategies.
• Coordinates the efforts of other members of a Technical Service Team with advice and assistance in application of products for their intended use.
• Leads the efforts to optimize the utilization of products, providing additional value to the customer.
• Responsible for complaint investigation, analysis, and problem resolution.
• Communicates management of change (MOC) activities within the customer environment that impact the successful use and marketability of BASF products.
• Support Product Design Reviews, as required, to achieve product introduction goals.
• Operates within the budget developed with Account Management.
• Interfaces with Account Management, Product Management, Operations, Application Engineering, Technical Service, Technology Management, and other groups for issues regarding customer technical service.
• Responsible for customer and internal project schedule compliance.
• Identifies and communicates the “customer consciousness” to the internal organization.
• Support and participate in Launch Management activities.
• Adheres to and insures that all BASF Programs, Policies and Training are followed by the members of the site Technical Service Team..
• Supports the BASF 2020 Strategy/We Create Chemistry Strategy and demonstrates the 2020 “Spotlight Behaviors”.
• Measures, monitors, and communicates product usage and customer production schedules.
• Resolves pricing, claims, and inventory issues with the customer.
• Monitors customer receivables and resolves problems.
• Identifies and coordinates required material returns.
• Reviews and suggests coatings for new programs at customer sites.
• Maintains customer profiles.
• Actively participates in defect identification and reduction effort to optimize customer first time capability.
Desired Skills and Expertise
REQUIREMENTS: - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
• A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/business or technical/scientific fields required
• 5 years’ relevant experience in Field Technical Sales/Service or equivalent experience required
• Possesses knowledge of coatings, coatings application, and performance requirements.
• Possesses good interpersonal skill and mechanical aptitude.
• Is familiar with quality systems concepts, 6-Sigma/SPC programs and basic computer skills.
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• Field Technical Sales/Service or the equivalent level in an Operation or Technology Management group with experience interacting with customers.
• 10 years internal BASF or equivalent experience with background in technical/sales/marketing/product engineering/ and/or product launch.
• Led and trained numerous technical/sales/service personnel and projects.
• Resolved key product performance issue at customer’s facility.
• A key contributor to the successful introduction of a new product technology in the market.