• Design and develop new polymers for the transportation, general industrial, and furniture/flooring coatings markets;
• Manage product development projects efficiently and effectively to achieve target objectives;
• Work closely with our regional business partners to analyze the coatings polymer-based market and identify unmet market needs;
• Stay current with scientific and technical advances in your working field and explore new opportunities in coatings polymer chemistry and processes;
• Collaborate with our Global Research colleagues and external centers of excellence;
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with colleagues across the regions;
• Direct activities of assigned technician(s) toward achieving project objectives;
• Establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by being aware of and implementing company wide and site safety policies/procedures.
• BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
• Master’s degree in polymer or material science, chemical engineering, polymer chemistry or organic chemistry or a related field is preferred with 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: material science, chemical engineering, polymer chemistry or organic chemistry. Coatings experience is preferred. BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent. A Ph.D. is preferred.
• Ability to apply both fundamental principles and creativity to the development of new products.
• A passion for continuously learning and applying new tools for developing new products
• Excellent hands-on experimentation and superior problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work and partner effectively with individuals outside of own organization.