Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to change the world?
Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class, brilliant colleagues to solve complex challenges?
Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
We are BASF, the world’s largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
BASF is The Chemical Company focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. We have big goals for our Automotive Refinish group and we’re working hard to become the top provider of automotive refinish coatings.
This is where you come in.
We’re looking for an Account Representative who will work with automotive refinish paint customers to grow our market share . In return for innovating and pushing yourself and your team to be the best every day, you’ll have your accomplishments recognized and rewarded, you’ll get amazing growth opportunities, and you’ll know firsthand what it feels like to be surrounded by a global network of other brilliant colleagues.
• To increase market share and sales by developing existing and gaining new, profitable and sustainable customers in the Automotive Refinish market.
• STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE: Provides the primary, customer-facing focus for business affairs with customers within assigned territory.
• BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
You should have…
• A track record of working with customers in the collision and automotive refinish paint industry or a relevant industry
• Experience gaining new business through cold-calling and other creative initiatives
• High School diploma or equivalent
• People who know you should describe you as…
• Motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical, able to build relationships, able to manage conflict, and possess excellent time management skills
• You should be motivated by…
• Challenge of implementing a successful marketing strategy
• Your sense of adventure, your commitment to own and drive your career, and your passion to take on new challenges and grow for many years to come.
• Being a part of a global network of brilliant professionals
• A culture of accountability, acknowledgement, innovation, creativity, collaboration, quality, entrepreneurial spirit, responsibility, safety, etc.
• High School diploma - required
• Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing discipline strongly preferred
• Two years of sales experience required
• Previous experience in refinish industry desired
• Knowledge of financials including forecasting, sales budgeting, etc.
• Proficient in MS Office programs
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to make effective presentations to all levels both • internally and externally
• The ability to travel extensively (80%)
• Strong analytical skills
• Time management and organizational skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Conflict management skills
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
• Developed customer base for new products and/or applications
• Coordinated a new product launch
• Negotiated a contract
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Product or Technical Management