Visitors to the BASF Booth (#807) can see a broad portfolio of resins, binders, pigments, pigment preparations, effect pigments, specialty formulation, performance additives and minerals, and systems to meet specific applications and customer needs.
“RadTech allows BASF to showcase its versatile portfolio of products and solutions and inspire new ideas to help address industry challenges,” said Gerry Podesta, Senior Vice President, BASF Dispersions & Pigments, North America. “This event allows us to share our formulation expertise and breadth and depth of our product offerings with customers across market sectors.”
Customers can discuss BASF’s sustainable solution technologies with expert formulators, and how they can achieve their requirements for improved performance while addressing needs for:
· low migration solutions for sensitive applications
· formulation recommendations for UV ink jet inks
· formulation additive solutions for pigment dispersing, flow, leveling, and defoaming
· novel photoinitiators for surface cure and low migration applications
· innovative resins for furniture and flooring applications
BASF’s team of experts is available throughout the show to discuss how the company applies expertise in chemistry, applications and formulations to help customers accomplish their objectives.
BASF will also present the following papers at the main technical presentation section of the conference:
· Paul Share, Recent Advances in Low Viscosity, Low Migration, Fast Curing UV/EB Resin Technology on May 16 at 1:00 PM
· Dev Nagvekar, How the Selection of Raw Materials Can Impact Print Speeds in Digital Printing on May 16 at 3:00 PM.
In addition, BASF will highlight the following products during the show and share how these technologies can improve their ink, furniture, and flooring coating formulations:
· Solyfast™ 0010 is a photo-latent, tin-free metal catalyst that activates when exposed to UV light and enables fast curing with reduced energy consumption. It is compatible with HDI based polyisocyanates and 2K-PUR with the ability to process at low temperatures and provides long pot-life. Solyfast™ 0010 reduces waste and the curing footprint while providing a Tin-Free option for a healthier working environment and sustainable coatings in aerospace, general industry, household, and wind power.
· Laromer® UA 9095 is a water-based urethane acrylate dispersion with excellent warmth of wood and adhesion to PVC. Fast drying with high chemical resistance and little to no yellowing. This product is well suited for kitchen cabinets, wood furniture, flooring and luxury vinyl tile substrates.
· Laromer® UA 9064 is a fast drying, water-based urethane acrylate dispersion with good chemical and scratch resistance that shows little yellowing for wood furniture and flooring, as well as luxury vinyl tile and laminate substrates.
· Laromer® PE 9105 is a new, low viscosity polyester tetra-acrylate that is suitable for flexographic and ink jet inks. It is a low molecular weight, multifunctional polyester acrylate oligomer that forms tough, flexible films on a wide variety of substrates including paper, board, plastic films and metals. Physical properties of the Laromer® PE 9105 also suit the needs for field applied UV curable floor coatings.
· Laromer PR 9140 is a low viscosity, low migration oligomer for inks and coatings for sensitive applications.
· Irgacure® LEX 201 and Irgacure® 127 are photoinitiators that comply with Swiss list regulations. Irgacure 127 is a di-functional, AHK photoinitiator with excellent surface cure and low odor after curing. Irgacure LEX 201 is a dual function, low migration, low odor photoinitiator.
Solyfast is a trademark of BASF and Laromer and Irgacure are registered trademarks of BASF.