Using more than 80 gallons of premium Olympic ONE paint-and-primer-in-one, the 1,900 square foot home boasts a clean yet fun color palette. With an expansive collection of trending cool grays, such as Olympic paint’s Elemental (OL153), Equilibrium (OL169) and Gray Marble (OL198), paired with plenty of white, Pacific Pearl (OL160) and Shark (OL222), the house embodies farmhouse charm with a clean, fresh approach for today’s lifestyle.
The palette is completed with pops of color such as Olympic paint’s Parachute (OL620.4), a vibrant green; Primrose Garden (OL603.3), a girly pink; Rockabye Baby (OL604.1), a barely-there blush; Bleeding Heart (OL603.4), a vivacious red; and Smoked Salmon (OL605.4), a perfect coral. Bright hues are evened out with favorite blue hues Jamaican Dream (OL669.6), Gray Flannel (OL101) and Idyllic Isle (OL629.4).
Consumers can easily mimic the look of the This Old House magazine Idea House in their own space by using Olympic paint and following these tips:
- Make a statement by using Olympic paint’s Black Magic (OL116) on a front or back door. Black, a statement hue, creates a look of clean lines and modern elegance.
- Don’t be afraid to use a pop of color on the ceiling. The farmhouse includes Olympic paint’s Bleeding Heart in the girl’s bedroom for visual interest and is a departure from everyday white. Homeowners can create an even bigger impact by using the same ceiling color as the walls, such as the farmhouse’s study, which is coated head to toe in the Olympic brand’s Jamaican Dream.
- Create an escape using soothing neutrals, such as Olympic paint’s Free Reign (OL195), in a master bedroom or bathroom.
- Give guests something to talk about by using Olympic paint’s Idyllic Isle color in a spare bedroom. The soothing blue is reminiscent of clear summer skies and coastal water.
- Can’t commit to a bold color on your walls? Use a bright coral, such as Olympic paint’s Smoked Salmon, on a front door to satisfy your color craving on a smaller scale.
“At Olympic Paints & Stains, we believe paint colors play a crucial role in creating a cohesive style in the home. The colors used in the This Old House Idea House offer that classic farmhouse charm, while still maintaining the modern, clean feel that so many people often crave in their living spaces,” said Lia Gancas, senior marketing manager, Olympic paint. “Olympic ONE paint is engineered for performance and durability, allowing it to stand up to wear and tear in this home and your own home for years to come.”
Crafted by interior designer and New Englander Denise Enright, the three-bedroom, three-bathroom home is built with low-maintenance, long-lasting and energy-efficient materials that will help it use less than half the energy of a typical home of similar size on average.
“My design philosophy blends unexpected elements and styles to result in one-of-a-kind and thoroughly livable interiors that never fail to bring a smile,” Enright said. “The Olympic paint colors in the This Old House Idea House at Emerson Green reflect precisely that! With hints of unexpected color, the palette is fun yet livable.”
Homeowners can easily mimic the style of the Idea House at Emerson Green using Olympic paints. With an extensive palette of more than 1,000 curated colors, the Olympic paint color center is inspiring and makes choosing your home’s palette easy. In addition to gorgeous color options, Olympic ONE paint offers easy application and a durable finish that’s easy to keep beautiful.