The company will showcase leading automotive coatings products and technologies such as:
- ENVIRO-PRIME EPIC Electrocoat – A 2016 R&D100 Award winner, Enviro-Prime EPIC electrocoat uses patented metal-free catalyst technology with superior smoothness to achieve world-class appearance, improved corrosion resistance and thin-film pretreatment performance. Since 1963, PPG electrocoat technologies have protected more than 840 million vehicles. This latest innovation is available for both vehicle body-in-white and functional-part protection, in high and hyper throwpower versions.
- ANDARO Tint Dispersions – Award-winning Andaro tint dispersions will be displayed in the full range of current-production colors and in new colors available for the 2019-2020 model years. Andaro technology provides the high chroma and color saturation associated with organic dyes, in a durable pigment that meets original-equipment-manufacturer (OEM) specifications, making it suitable for use in traditional automotive paint shops.
- Conductive and Display Coatings – PPG’s spray-applied conductive coatings are engineered for obstacle-detection systems, self-dimming mirrors, seat warmers, airbag weight-detection systems and related applications. They also protect automotive components against radio-frequency interference (RFI), electromagnetic interference (EMI), electrostatic discharge (ESD) and lightning. PPG also will feature anti-smudge (AS), anti-glare (AG), anti-reflective (AR) and anti-fingerprint (AFP) transparent coatings for touchscreen panels.
- Interior and Exterior Coatings – Interior coatings products include coatings for dashboards, door handles, climate control panels, gearshifts, appliques and badging. Exterior coatings encompass exclusive high-gloss monocoat finishes; etchable, ultraviolet-cure (UV-cure), high-luminance (chrome-like) coatings; and proprietary self-healing coatings that guard automotive parts and finishes against damage from road debris. PPG also will display paint-over-chrome-plating technologies for interior and exterior surfaces, including plastic.
- Adhesives and Sealants – PPG provides solutions that help OEMs comply with today’s requirements for vehicle lightweighting and prepare them for future changes. The company’s adhesives, sealants and acoustic coatings are engineered for challenges, including crash-resistant structural adhesives, low-temperature-cure products, ultra-low-density sealants, and acoustic coatings with improved noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance for aluminum vehicles.
Wheel Coatings – PPG coatings for aluminum and steel wheels feature layering systems that integrate primers, basecoats and clearcoats, backed by PPG’s complete color-styling and color-matching capabilities and technical expertise.
Additionally, PPG will display its “Kulture” color collection for 2020 automotive models, which includes 70 new colors across four color-story trend palettes:
- Hour Glass evokes nostalgia for classic design but is refocused for the contemporary world. It consists of heritage colors such as royal blues, olive greens, refined browns and traditional reds.
- ES/Sense reflects the idea that “less is more,” where simple, pure design and living in the moment are key. The subtle pastel and ceramic hues in varying degrees of saturation suggest a reaction against overexposure to social media and technology.
- IMpower represents a response to new ways of thinking, as well as new codes for design. It is a balance of extremely chromatic colors and complex subdued tones.
- Biocentric unifies the pursuit of an organic lifestyle with the emerging trend of space exploration. It offers a palette of nature-inspired hues with deep galactic tones.