These reducers expand the dry-to-tape options for SKYscapes GA. the High Temp Reducer slows down the dry-to-tape time; the Repair Reducer dramatically speeds it up. Both are used at the same 6:1:2 mix ratio.
SKYscapes GA High Temp Reducer CM0855G enables users to spray SKYscapes GA at high temperatures (90°F/32°C and up) or for larger area application (than traditional CM0850GR5 reducer), as well as in high humidity settings. It can be used with opaque, metallic and mica colors.
SKYscapes GA Repair Reducer CM0855GR9 is designed for quick, small repair areas. It can also be used with opaque, metallic and mica colors. It allows shops to perform a repair in as little as 20-30 minutes.
Ideal for exterior painting on general aviation and helicopters that often require expedited production times, Sherwin-Williams SKYscapes® General Aviation (GA) polyester urethane Basecoat 855 Series is designed to achieve excellent appearance and productivity by delivering a consistent and colorful solid, mica or metallic finish.
SKYscapes GA Basecoat features fast dry times (approximately 60 – 90 minutes DTT) that lead to improved productivity, with excellent flow and leveling. After clearcoat, it provides a high gloss finish that can be easily cleaned, buffed and repaired.
Aircraft owners expect on-time delivery. TheSKYscapes basecoat-clearcoat system can reduce paint-process time to help meet customer demand for aircraft turnaround. That’s because the SKYscapes system cures at ambient temperature in half the time of other single-stage systems. Professional aircraft painters now have the option to choose which Clearcoat to use with one of two SKYscapes Basecoats: the new General Aviation Clearcoat - CM0850CC1 for increased speed, or the existing SKYscapes Clearcoat - CM0850180 - for improved chemical and fluid resistance.
SKYscapes GA Basecoat Advantages:
• Quick drying; Allows for multiple color livery applications per day
• Perfect for small general aviation aircraft and helicopters requiring expedited production times
• Available in a solid, mica or metallic finish
• One double track coat application for most colors
• No baking required; dries quickly at ambient temperatures
• Apply additional colors without mechanically sanding
• Excellent opacity at low film thickness
• Excellent flow and leveling
• Long pot life
• Easy to keep clean and maintain