Continental Products, a 105-year-old Cleveland company, rebranded as Continental Performance Coatings.
“While the highly respected Continental Products brand name has served the company well since its inception in 1916, the company no longer performs as the paint generalist that 'products' suggests,” said Guy Braun, director of Continental Performance Coatings. “The name Continental Performance Coatings, the industrial coatings division of Cru Performance Coatings, will better reflect our focus on problem-solving, VOC compliant, high-performance OEM finishes and our expanding line of high-performance industrial maintenance coatings. Continental Performance Coatings along with our sister company, Rio Flooring Systems, will serve as a high-quality single-source supplier for industries throughout North America.”
Continental Performance Coatings will supply two new sub-brands, Cru-Tech and Cru-Spec.
- Cru-Tech products will include technologies for OEM product finishes such as:
- Cru-Shield – Maximum Performance 2K Acrylic Urethane System;
- Cru-Thane – Quick Dry DTM 2K Polyester Urethane;
- Cru-Cryl – Ultra Fast Dry Single Component Acrylic DTM Technology in WB (water-based) and SB (solvent base) versions;
- Cru-Coat – Quick Dry Single Component Alkyd DTM Technology in WB and SB versions;
- Cru-Gard – Quick Dry, High Build, Surface Tolerant Epoxy Technology in WB and SB Versions.
Cru-Spec products will include water- and solvent-based industrial enamels, dry falls, epoxies and 2K urethane targeted to the maintenance painter, for brush, roll or spray applications.
"A strong brand is critical and adds great value to a company,” company President and CEO Byron Smith said. “For over a century we have provided high-quality products and services but were missing a core identity. We are excited to roll out our new brand and expect to bring more value to our stakeholders and shareholders alike.”