The operational and financial metrics are supported by PPG’s strategic initiatives to enhance shareholder value and are expected to drive performance this year and beyond. The Board and management team are strongly aligned and accountable for shareholder value creation and are committed to achieving these targets.
- Sales growth of three to five percent in constant currencies including recently announced acquisitions;
- Adjusted earnings per share growth, excluding currency translation impacts, of seven to 10 percent, including improvement toward pre-inflationary operating margins as the company continues to work with customers to receive appropriate value for its innovative products;
- Strong alignment with shareholder value creation by maintaining 10 percent EPS growth as the earnings-related metric for variable long-term incentive compensation;
- Deliver at least $70 million in cost savings, which are reflected in the EPS target;
- Recommend an increase in the annual per share dividend to the company's Board of Directors, consistent with the past 47 years;
- Complete the strategic review of the business portfolio regarding the shareholder value associated with the combination or separation of the architectural and industrial coatings businesses by the end of the second quarter of 2019;
- Continued Board and management support to enhance governance structure by proposing to amend Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws eliminating the classified board and removing supermajority voting. PPG has made these shareholder proposals in the past but will take an extra step this year and engage a proxy solicitor in an effort to achieve the required approval of 80 percent of the outstanding shares of common stock.